Oil Leakage Problem with Rietschle DCLF 130 DV Compressor (Heidelberg 102ZP)

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Dora7, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Dora7

Dora7 New Member

I have a unit of Heidelberg 102ZP, the compressor used is DCLF 130 DV.

I am currently having problem in printing as the compressor blower air comes with oil, leaving the printed paper with oil mark.

Is there any solution to the oil problem other than using a carbon pump?

Thank you in advance.

2. Meny

Meny Senior Member

give your pump a good sevice

This is a result of neglection. Should not be so. Service your pump proffesionally

3. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

So, the issue in your compressor is not always an easy one to fix. I have rebuilt hundreds of these compressors in my early days at Heidelberg. Usually, you do need to have it rebuilt. However you can try one thing. On the front of the pump, below the yellow filter cover you will see a small cover with 5 allen screws holding it on. Remove this cover. Behind this cover you will find 5 screens that just slide out. You will also find 1 on the back of the pump behind the lower cover as well. These are oil seeves or air/oil seperators. You can try cleaning these out or maybe replacing them and this may solve your issue. Problem is that you have already a good amount of oil already in the hoses from the pump to the feeder head and it will take some time to work this oil out of the system. If you end up replacing the pump make sure you get an oil free pump and this also will eliminate your problem. Hope this helps.

4. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

if after trying what exheid mentioned doesn't work you may be able to offer up a temporary fix by wadding up a bit of gauze and placing into the main blast line going into your feeder head. Mind you this would only offer a temporary solution to get you through a short time, and may even have you changing out the gauze multiple times per day depending on how bad the leak is. Be aware that it would put a bit of strain on your pump but just might work as a temporary fix until you can get the pump either repaired or replaced. You can get a rebuilt pump through multiple vendors on an exchange basis so you don't loose time waiting on shipping to and from, and waiting while its rebuilt.

5. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

You can use a super blue type cloth strip and tie it on the governor foot covering the small holes .....another temporary fix.....