oce cs650 pro v canon imagerunner advance c7055

Discussion in 'Océ Digital Presses' started by bcp, May 9, 2012.

1. bcp

bcp Member

Oce v Canon v Bizhub

Hi guys 1st timer here - I run a small printshop currently using a xerox docucentre C6550I (Australian model no) need to upgrade & my 2 choices are 2nd hand Oce cs650 pro (comes with full maintenance plan 5years) or a brand new Canon ImageRunner Advance C7055 (also full maintenance plan 5years). Lease on the Oce is less than Canon but click charge is 1cent on colour more expensive. so with volumes that I am currently doing they will cost roughly the same each month. I would love to hear opinions on each machine. thanks -- Just been offered a Bizhub C6501 pro as well. Sales rep says that the cs650 had registration and skew problems & that the C6501 has fixed these issues. Which would be the better machine as all come with Customer expectation sheets which service backup will guarantee running as per sheet for lease term. thanks

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  2. Joe Duffy

Joe Duffy Senior Member

I had a 6501 and had no issues till well over 1 million, then it required more service but not an unusual amount, until then just normal PM visits. registration can be a issue but there are several document out to help with that.
    The Oce650 is the BizHub 6500 and it had issues - steer clear and be happy.
    The 7055 is also a nice engine but for my money the 6501 prints a better quality.
    Stay clear of the online finishing on all of these and do it offline.
    I would pick the 6501.

3. bcp

bcp Member

The Oce650 is the BizHub 6500 and it had issues - steer clear and be happy.------
    What issues?

4. Joe Duffy

Joe Duffy Senior Member

Registration, skew, dependablitiy and repeatablitiy of color. The 6501 fixed all of the issues and is a rock.

5. maravo

maravo New Member

Dear Sir,

where i can buy parts for Konica Bizhub C6500 ....please help me.