Numbering on NCR

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by Stiv, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Stiv

Stiv Senior Member

I have an invoice that prints on 2 part NCR that needs to be numbered.

Should I run the NCR in 2 trays, (White CB on top, Yellow CF on bottom), and set the job up to pull alternating from each feeder to have the sets married in the stacker?

Or should I set up a data merge in InDesign with double numbering, (0001, 0001 then 0002, 0002, etc.) and run reverse collated NCR?

What NCR runs best, IYO?

2. ddigen3

ddigen3 Senior Member

What dimension is the form?
    I've had several issues with 8.5x11 & curl + static, so we now print only on 11x17 then cut it in half.

I would suggest your second option. Now, I believe if you run a data merge thru InDesign, you should only have to type in the quantity of 2 from the print dialog box when you send it to the iGen. From your front-end at the press, there should be duplicates of each record. ....However, I could be completely wrong :cool: so its just a suggestion to try.

I print on Appleton NCR, but thats simply due to the padding compound we have access to thru our paper supplier.

Let us know what worked best.

3. RPCo_Jack

RPCo_Jack New Member

I mainly number from InDesign CS4 makes it worth it because of the merge to PDF. From there you can use the web upload to print que, it is very quick.
    I use reverse NCR, you could use straight, but you would have to select face down as an option. My only problem with numbering NCR has been that I can't pull a custom NCR ( White 20#,Canary 20#, 150 Tag) from 3 different trays AND number it at the same time. In that case I print it with the numbers in 3 separate identical runs. I then hand collate it afterwards This problem is a software limitation(FreeFlow). You can't specify that every nth page gets pulled from tray X. The other option availabe to me is to not number on the Xerox but print it collating it from separate trays.(Tray 1:page 1, Exception pages defined to pull paper from the other trays.)

4. Stiv

Stiv Senior Member

Did not end up getting NCR job. Thanks for the info.

5. QMDIGUY

QMDIGUY New Member

Buy Numbering Machine Works great

6. Stiv

Stiv Senior Member

7. QMDIGUY

QMDIGUY New Member

That would be the 1 it take a little time to get savy with but i love it
    are you could build it in indesign add a data merge and then use PDF imposer to step it up many time's like for a 12/18
    Great stuff they have today

8. Stiv

Stiv Senior Member

Digging up an old thread...
    I had the 1st NCR job. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to run this stuff except by printing 2 copies and setting the stock to plain paper. The 2nd part of the 2pt NCR came out the top and the 1st part went to the stacker.
    WTF was I doing or not doing?

9. QMDIGUY

QMDIGUY New Member

it is possible that when you told the docusp are creo are digipath top tray
    it just selected the 1 page to go there see if you have the option to select individual pages
    for stacker are output tray if all else fails reboot everthing
    GL

10. lindabaker

lindabaker New Member

11. garrytang

garrytang New Member

Yes I can help you,
    I'm working for a printing company which using Xerox printer to print a lot of Carbonless paper.I know is painful if you have to print and finish on every single pages of CB white, then continue the same procedure print onto CFB Yellow, CF Pink NCR etc. Then you have to manually collate into group is really wasted of time.
    Here, I can help you numbering onto your final artwork how many parts NCRs as you wish. Example; number repeating 111222333444 onto mutli part of NCRs. All you need to do is tell me what number would you like from started to ended and send me your final PDF artwork. Please make sure you clearly clarify where the number will be place in.
    If you are interested you could send the artwork to garrytang@hotmail.com
    First job I will do it for free of charge afterward I will charge £10 per each job.

12. garrytang

garrytang New Member

Yes I can help you,
    I'm working for a printing company which using Xerox printer to print a lot of Carbonless paper.I know is painful if you have to print and finish on every single pages of CB white, then continue the same procedure print onto CFB Yellow, CF Pink NCR etc. Then you have to manually collate into group is really wasted of time.
    Here, I can help you numbering onto your final artwork how many parts NCRs as you wish. Example; number repeating 111222333444 onto mutli part of NCRs. All you need to do is tell me what number would you like from started to ended and send me your final PDF artwork. Please make sure you clearly clarify where the number will be place in.
    If you are interested you could send the artwork to garrytang@hotmail.com
    First job I will do it for free of charge afterward I will charge £10 per each job.