Newbie to Printing - Questions

Discussion in 'Canon Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by eglassy88, Dec 11, 2013.

1. eglassy88

eglassy88 New Member

Hello All,

I'm not sure if this is in the right place, if it isn't, I'm sorry about that. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to the whole printing process. Let me explain what I'm trying to achieve and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I want to print small ID tags, similar to how these are printed http://www.petidme.com/pet-tags.html , but I want a printer that can print the same thing on both sides of the paper. This way when I print my tags, it can be viewed from both sides.

I'll just be using my Macbook Pro laptop and I need to invest in a solid printer to make these since it'll be used for business purposes.

I hope someone can help and I really appreciate it !!!

Thanks

2. Alex Key

Alex Key New Member

Hi,

Have you considered sublimation process? You can print on aluminium tags that water resistant and scratch resistant too. They looks cool too.

3. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

With a quick look at the pet tags link, I think this could be done with a standard duplex laser printer and a pouch laminator. If you google you can find premade grommet pouch laminator sleeves for this.