Newbie question:Have manual - Can't clear Replace Transfer Belt error on Ricoh CL3500

Discussion in 'Ricoh Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by tjlmbklr, Oct 18, 2012.

1. tjlmbklr

tjlmbklr New Member

I will chalk this up as like the 60th forum I have registered for in my life to get the answer I need for a google search that came up dry.

I am a printer/copier tech and have been for 13+ years. The company I work for has several Ricoh CL3500's and I have become the guy that takes care of issues beyond the norm. I have a "Replace Transfer Belt" error. We have replaced it but the manual says to "Hold down [Escape] key for at five seconds. The message disappears and a maintenance reset is automatically performed.".

I cannot get it to respond. I even tried several combinations of 2 or 3 buttons and I cannot reset the error.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

-Terry

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Terry hi, you're in wrong forum to ask for this kind of help. try smarka.com or copytechnet.com
    I am a copier tech and printshop owner, have some knowledge on Ricoh MP6500 and MP9000 but not your model, best way to go, spend $10 or so, buy a service manual download, I am sure your answer will be there as well other useful info.

3. tjlmbklr

tjlmbklr New Member

Thanks, I will look into those sites. However, I do have the manual and what the say to do is not working.

4. plotter

plotter Senior Member

ricoh, its been along time yellow button then 1007and hold # springs to mind. im sure this is how i reset one of my old bw 1075. might help

5. tjlmbklr

tjlmbklr New Member

There are no #'s on the touch panel.