New to printing

Discussion in 'Print Community General Printing Discussion' started by PrintRunner255, Jan 13, 2010.

Tags:
  1. PrintRunner255

PrintRunner255 New Member

Hi,

My name is Jeff Nehme and I am very green to printing, I just got hired by a company called Print Runner as a sales associate. I am in the process of learning and would like to know any tips that anyone might have for me.
    Any books that are recommended reading? I came from the mortgage industry and my head is spinning, this is definitely harder than any mortgage loan I ever did. Thank you for all of your help.

Jeff Nehme
    Print Runner
    Account Executive
    888-774-6889 X 255

2. VanQuill-Printing

VanQuill-Printing Member

As i am sure you already know by now. You are really not selling printing you are selling yourself. If you are trying to get all fancy with the terminalogy and different processes then you are just going to sound even dumber. Most people don't care or are impressed by printing technicalities these days. I am all for learning and knowing everything you can about your industry but i think your time would be better spent learning sales techniques... just go to your local book store and pick up several of those how to become the best sales guy ever and learn the printing process as you go. If you want to learn a lot about the whole process spend sometime with your pre-press, press, post press guys. They can teach you more than you could possibly learn. Remember these guys have seen it all combined.

3. PrintRunner255

PrintRunner255 New Member

hmmm well that is some good information, I have been in sales for 10 years so I guess I am pretty much ready to go. Thank you for the advice.