New T Shirt Shop

Discussion in 'Print Community General Printing Discussion' started by ColorPrint12, Feb 14, 2012.

1. ColorPrint12

ColorPrint12 Previous User

Hey I was curious as to what route I would go for a small to medium sized t shirt shop. What equipment would be required and would it need something more than just the normal OfficeMax or Alphagraphics supply?

2. ColorPrint12

ColorPrint12 Previous User

I guess more specifically I am referring to screen printers for t-shirts.

3. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

If you're eyeing volume to become a "medium" sized t-shirt shop you will want larger equipment and supplies than the do-it-at-home office-store iron-on type process I would imagine.

However, most on this site are offset or digial printers (on paper, board, etc.) and not so much screen printers on fabric. For that you might do better on one of the dedicated t-shirt screen printing forums, for example:

Screen Printing Forum
    www.screenprintingforum.com
    A Community of Screen Printers, Designers

t-shirt forums
    www.t-shirtforums.com
    various aspects of screen printing. Inks, speciality printing, print locations, durability, etc.

digitsmith
    www.digitsmith.com
    classifieds and forum

M&R
    forums.mrprint.com
    M&R equipment manufacturer has their own forum with a blog, classifieds and various other info.

4. plotter

plotter Senior Member

i guess if you got the bucks look at a dtg printer..

5. jordan2012

jordan2012 New Member

According to me Sublimation is more durable you can even try DTG which is also best option.

6. teejunction

teejunction New Member

DTG t-shirt printing for starters

If you are just starting out I would look at DTG as well until you can guarantee the volume for a full automatic screenprinting setup. Lowest cost to run and maintenance for low volumes and you can always outsource screenprinting when you get those jobs.

7. John Andersan

John Andersan New Member

Hello guys........

I read your thread, It's good. I am also start for T-Shirt Printing. Thanks for give me information and new idea for T-Shirt printing.

8. Albatross

Albatross New Member

I see how old this thread is, but I'll put my two cents in anyway.

It is next to impossible to make money with a screen printing business. It's back breaking work for very little pay. It is a poor man's trade.

It you're still around and would like for me to elaborate I will do so at your request.