New Here Hope you can help....

Discussion in '11 x 17 Color Laser Printers' started by Jdig, Apr 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Jdig

Jdig New Member

Hello all!!!! I am new to the printing business and some thoughts went through my mind about all the problems Im having and thought there might be a place like this out in the world. I browsed around and it looks like everyone is very friendly and knowlegeable and hopefully I can help you as much as you can help me.

Me: Started a printing business with my brother in law.... We run 11X17 Tabloid on a Xerox 7400. We also have a Xerox 5500 B/W. We started the business in June and have had NOTHING less than problem after problem.

You: Listen to me moan about all my problems and mysteriously fix EVERYTHING and not only that.... but FREE!!! I in return tell you all about the Xerox 7400 and how much you should NOT get one!!

Deal?

Well, if I havn't gotten kicked out by breaking some sort of forum rule by now... this is the spot for me!!!

Hopefully that gave you all some sort of smile. Honestly, I do have a Xerox 7400 and go through consumables like crazy! Xerox pays for all the defected ones and I have been printing for free for about 4 months because of it. You would think they would swap the thing out by now!

I have this printer in lease for another year.....

Topics....

Trade in ideas?
    Selling ideas?
    Leasing ideas?

Anyways, if anyone would like to say something about the 7400 that is GOOD, Id love to hear it. I don't want to hear the bad becasue I already know that area!!

Hope to get to know all you friendly people. Take care!

2. LaserPrinterCenter

LaserPrinterCenter New Member

Hey,

How's it going... Well, I can say a few good things abot the 7400... Not a ton... but some... There is a plan now Xerox has which includes all supplies and maintenance for 1 cost per click (about $.10 on a 7400) and this is also for tabloid... If you are buying your own supplies, it can get brutal... but their new program takes a lot of the pain you have felt and puts it on them. I sell the Xerox line, I generally do not sell the 7400 (an Okidata engine), but the 7760 because I like that one better in most cases... We also deal with Ricoh, Okidata, Lexmark, among others and as sad as it sounds, the Xerox line is as solid as any. On a Ricoh 811DN, we have had Ricoh tell us that they wouldn't cover a fuser after it only did 50 pages... we had to fight them on that... lexmark uses the 7750 engine (I think Samsung or Fuji made that one...) there are only a few engine makers, so you always have the same problems cross brand... The 7400 to me is just as solid as any color printer in this range. Feel free to cht back with me on this one...