need recommendation for folder inserter that can fold an 8.5x11 into an A6 envelope

Discussion in 'Folders' started by sfoster, Jan 19, 2014.

1. sfoster

sfoster Member

Hi I am looking for a folder inserter that can for a 20lb 8.5x11 piece of paper and insert it into an invitational style envelope A6 (4.75"x6.5"). Thanks in advance

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hi, I don't think there is one as single solution. There are number of machines from pitney bowes, secap, bell & howel and probably more but to insert LTR size in to A6 envelope, you will need to fold in half and than in half as right angle fold which will require more than table top unit. You did not mention your volume... I believe there is a solution to automate pretty much everything but unit could be bulky and quiet expensive as it could be semi-custom solution.

3. sfoster

sfoster Member

Thanks for the response. I think you're spot on. I have a marketing company and this mail piece we plan to grow to about 150k a month. I think my best bet is to go with a 6x9 envelope. Same feel as an A6 but easier to find an fold and insert machine.

4. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Yeah, in that case you'd need to fold LTR only in half but make sure whatever piece of equipment you have your eye on can take it envelope which is 9" wide, not all of them can, I think. There is a company call Kirk-Rudy, I saw a number of some serious machines made by them, look in to their line of products, may be they have what are you looking for.