Need Hints / Advice on how to disassemble Komori Gear

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by David Wijaya, Dec 4, 2020.

1. David Wijaya

David Wijaya Member

Dear Friends,
    Greetings from Jakarta, Indonesia..
    I have the following Gear that belongs to the Komori 228
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    and I was wondering if anyone here can advice/teach me or give me hints on how to disassemble this gear because I need to replace the two bearings inside this gear as the gear does not rotate smoothly.
    The construction of the gear as according to the manual is as follows:
    [​IMG]
    I had tried using Puller to try to remove the gear from the shaft but had been unsuccessful so far, so please if anyone has any idea do let me know.

Thank you very very much for taking your time reading my topic.

Sincerely,
    David

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:

Will be a good idea to take the Gear, to some machine Shop, they use Hydraulic machine to extract the gear.

Some factories, using Hydraulic tools, for some cases, likes this.

3. David Wijaya

David Wijaya Member

Hi Sir CHOCK,

Thank you very much for replying.
    I have tried bringing the gear to some machine shop to pull the gear out using hydraulic machine but it was unsuccessful.

Seems like we first need to be able to take off the retaining ring nearest to the backend, before pulling the gear out.

Problem is,
    1. The gap between the backend shaft and the gear is very very small, and

2. the retaining ring is without 2 small holes which causing a great difficulty in removing it...

Anymore idea please? Thank you so much..

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    Normally every factory has special Tools, in order to disassemble, special parts, likes bearings, ( using Bearing puller)
    others including Komori, use Hydraulic Jack, in order to extract: bearing nut +bearing housing..

However i can insist, that you must go to another Good machine shop, in order to take out this parts.

In my country Nicaragua, i did many jobs, using this machine shop( since many of special tools are very expensive).

Try with some colleague, working with Heidelberg, or Komori, to get this special tools. Both use the Hydraulic jack+bearing puller for to do special jobs.

5. David Wijaya

David Wijaya Member

Thank you very much Sir CHOCK,
    I will try to find better machine shop to get the job done...
    Thanks again for taking your time responding to my topic..

6. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

You're welcome sir

7. goldenpress_bahadurgarh

goldenpress_bahadurgarh Member

Hi David,

While I haven't opened such a gear, I'll suggest you a few points as below.
    1) Make sure you have unscrewed all grub screws and locking pins. This is most important and necessary.

2) Check if you are able to see the centre shaft from hole of screw 7. If yes, then use a longer screw similar to screw 7 and tighten it to see if it pushes the shaft out of the bearings and the gear. If it does then good, if it doesn't then proceed for 3.

3) Check if you are able to see the shaft from the hole of screw 7. Use a large bearing puller to place the clamps below the gear but above the backend shaft base. In all possibility, the centre pin of the bearing puller won't be able to enter the hole of screw 7. So you will have to place a small rod in that hole and the centre pin of your puller will rest on that small rod.

4) If you are successful in removing the shaft then you can use a nose plier to remove the retention lock ring and remove the bearing.

If you have confusion on any step, then let me know and I'll help you out.

8. Mehanka Abortmaher

Mehanka Abortmaher Senior Member

Use a flashlight to illuminate the inside of the gear through the threads. You may be able to remove the circlip holding the inner bearing. If it is not possible to remove the stopper, try to remove the gear using the hydraulic method. To do this, you will need to make / find a ready-made threaded adapter from good steel (for example, USA: 1040, 1042, G10400, G10420) with a thread on the outside like in a gear and a thread on the inside like on a grease gun (no tip on the tube). Screw the adapter into the gear, screw the grease gun tube into the adapter and pump grease into the gear (NLGI 2) USE JACKET, GLOVES, FACE COVERING MASK. HIGH PRESSURE! There is a good chance that the gear will start moving.

9. Adil

Adil Senior Member

You must first use angled circlip pliers to remove the circlip, then you can extract the pinion using a hydraulic press or a puller, but this pinion must be removed when hot, try to heat the part with a blowtorch then extract the pinion. pinion

10. Mehanka Abortmaher

Mehanka Abortmaher Senior Member

It could be locking devices. make sure the pin is removed.

Attached Files: