Need help with buying an inkjet printer

Discussion in 'Small Format Inkjet Printers' started by sujatha, May 13, 2010.

1. sujatha

sujatha New Member

Hi,

This will be my first printer.
    I need help in selecting a printer with following specs:

- I want to use it primarily for photo printing so I need boarder-less color printing. Boarder-less printing is not so important for me as I can cut the edges manually.

- color resolution should be 4800 x 1200 dpi for printing with decent dpi for scanning also.

- Preferably top-loading because the photo-printing paper will be thick and it will cause problem if the printer is bottom
    loading one.

- Ink cartridges should be large (some printers restrict to small cartridges and it will increase cost per page).

- Cartridges should be individual colors separately. I don't want to replace cartridge everytime one color is exhausted.

- should have scanner or copier also (all in one type).

- Epson has released a new cartridge I guess for just Rs. 275/- per color, but I don't know how many ml of ink they are giving with it. Please suggest a printer which will allow me to take more photographs for reasonable price.

- I don't want to call the service person to replace the cartridges every time. So please suggest a model in which replacing old cartidges is not complicated.

Please kindly help.

2. Britney2010

Britney2010 Member

Maybe this is a little bit old , but you can get a brother printer with refillable cartridges it works so good and they don't have chips !!

3. [=Brian=]

[=Brian=] Member

I suggest going with the Epson WorkForce 610 it has excellent resolution: 5760 x 1440 and also comes with a scanner. You really can't go wrong with the quality of Epson.