Need help with broken AB Dick 360 impression cylinder lever

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by Mark Olson, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Member

To adjust pressure for the impression cylinder on the ab dick 360 you have a lever on both sides when the machibe is open. I cant remember if it was more or less pressure that broke both of them but either way they are broke.

I have a few questions as this is very important to get fixed as soon as possible.

1. First I was to ask about the screw that is no longer there in which Seperates this lever. Was it screwing in that gives more. Plate to cylinder pressure or less?

2. Second question is the screw and nut that is still there. What is the point of that and what pupose does it do? What if I screw that nut up more or down more? I just want to understand that more because one was moved a bit already.

3. Here is my third and most important question. How the heck do I pull this lever off the machine on both sides so I can fix it? Is it just a nut that is in the inside and everything then slides off? And if it is just that which I suspect it is. How do I access this nut which is the part that makes me afraid? Do I have to take this machine apart and pull cylinders out etc just to get to this nut on both sides of the press? Because if thats the case its way past my pay grade and I will mess everything up and never be able to put it back together again. Can someone please tell me how I can take this lever off the machine on both sides by writing how to direct me and how its done. Or is there a hack that can fix these 2 broken levers where I can adjust pressure without them coming off the machine?

Thank you for your help!!!

Attached Files:

2. Mehanka Abortmaher

Mehanka Abortmaher Senior Member

@Mark Olson
    Judging by the catalog on the resource (dokumen.tips) Catalog 350/360 drawing 42 p. 121 detail No. 27.
    I assume that these levers move along the bolt, compressing the spring through it. Can you show the broken pieces of these levers? Since in the catalog this is a one-piece part with drillings, and you most likely have a fork. Have you transported this car by car from place to place?
    Alternatively, you can install a longer spring bolt and add a wide washer under the nut.

P.S. we call printing presses "printing machine" or "mashine" google translator translates as "car")))

3. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Member

I will look through your notes later today when I get time because I have to run now. But what do you meam did I transport this car by car? The part that is broke is shown in all the pictures. I dont know how to take it off the machine which is what I am asking.

And do you give more pressure to the blanket and impression cylinder by tighting the screw or making it lose?

4. Mehanka Abortmaher

I assumed that you subjected the equipment to a very large vertical acceleration, presumably during transportation or mistakenly printed on a sheet of plywood)))
    I admit I was wrong.
    As far as adjusting the screws that compress the spring, I assume that tightening the nuts increases the clamping force, but this could also be a mistake because compressing the spring can reduce the pressure between the shafts. Asking strange questions, I try to understand the equipment that I see for the first time in my life and I want to understand how it works.
    The levers that are indicated on your, poor quality, photographs are easy to remove. These are very simple rocker arms fixed with two bolts (one to the frame, the second to the spring) and driven by an eccentric shaft. It is enough to loosen and move the external levers and rods, this will allow you to disassemble the assembly without much difficulty.

5. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Member

I cant find the catalog on that site sorry. I got pictures posted of the broken lever on both sides of the machine. I need to know if screwing them in or out increases or decreases pressure before they broke. And I need to figure out how to take them off the machine. Only someone who knows this machine would know how. I hope someone does but there is not alot of people who know this machine anymore.

6. Mehanka Abortmaher

Add "www." and "AB Dick 360 parts catalog" using a Google search will take you to an online parts catalog. I can't post direct links and copies of documentation/drawings because @moderator keeps a close eye on intellectual property infringement.
    You can check the push force simply: put two strips of paper between the cylinders, turn on the push and pull them. Now remove the scraps of strips, tighten the nuts while holding the bolts from turning (compress the springs) by 3-5 turns of the nut. Insert paper strips again, turn on pressure and pull. You will understand how adjustment affects pressure.

7. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Member

Forgive me I have been calling the support arm the lever this whole time.

Let me correct this. The support arm on both sides of the press is broke in half that controls pressure from the blanket to the impression cylinder. I posted new pictures of it as well as a blue finger pointing to the screw I need to take off. I have the manual but it does not show whats holding the screw in that holds the support arm. I am assuming a bolt is on the inside of the machine is. The problem is I have no idea how to get access to the bolt and I cannot take the cylinder and everything off to access it because I am not that good. Do you have any idea if its a bolt inside holding this support arm on and if there is a way to get access to this bolt without ripping the machine apart? I need to take these broken support arms off the machine for repair and I have no idea how to take them off?

And if it cannot come off without ripping the whole machine apart is there a hack to fix it in place?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  8. Mehanka Abortmaher

9. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Member

Hi thanks for your help but yesterday I actualy figured out how to do it and it looks easy. There is no bolt. I have to losen somthing on my side and then it slides out. I have not did it yet but I know I can because I slid it a bit. On the control side there is things in the way I have to take apart first but I should be able to do it. Thank you for helping with the drawings in helping getting this fixed.

10. Mehanka Abortmaher