Need help to configure DELTA 7.5

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by Jean-Luc, Feb 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc New Member

Hi everybody,
    15 months ago I bought a used QM46 di plus, and this machine does a great job. I love it!
    Unfortunately 2 days ago I get many problems with the RIP (Delta 7.5). Hard disk, ac power… I don't know really.
    I have an old but better computer for creating a new rip (2 processors, delta 7.0, coming from my old signasetter pro).
    I made a migration from the old rip, I read many threads on this nice forum, but I don't fix the issue:
    each time I start the rip it is starting in a different configuration: sometimes for deltatower configuration, sometimes for SM74 DI, and sometimes (too rarely!) for my QM46 DI+
    I have to fix something in the Delta Control screen ??!! .var file ?
    Of course the computer used for this new task was attached at a deltatower before, and I didn't format hard drives, NT4 pack 6 already installed and working fine.
    Corrupted files in the system?

Thanks for your help :)
    Jean-Luc from Château-Thierry

2. Jean-Luc Brigot

Jean-Luc Brigot Member

It's working now, but I am not sure that the issue is fixed forever.
    My feeling is that it is something in relation with the activation of the dongle.
    After the installation of the software (DELTA 7.5), the pc need to be restarted. After the restart if I go to program/delta technologie/set dongle options, I got the message "dongle not activated" or something else.
    At this moment, if the DI is connected AND switch on, it seems the D7.5 configures the good machine. I restored my Delta Configuration and it looks good.
    I work all the day with these settings, I am afraid about next restart!
    In fact, I don't know how to activate the dongle, Heidelberg France said there is nothing to do, but I have some doubt of their skills because they have very very few DI to maintain and most people working in the past for the DI are not working in the company any more.
    If somebody have an experience about this dongle, he is welcome :)

Other question: when I install D7.5 I have the choice between several QM DI 46. Mine is a + model, it means I have to select 12 zones, 12-2 zones is for the pro model?

Sorry for my french english!

Thanks, Jean-Luc
    www.imprimerie-de-la-passerelle.fr