Need Help-Planeta-Paper converter new to printing.

Discussion in '4-Color Offset Presses +' started by IvanRMathena, May 1, 2019.

1. IvanRMathena

IvanRMathena New Member

I am trying to get technical details/specs on a Planeta P77-3 & a Planeta P47 offset printing press. My company is considering buying those two printers as part of a larger deal, and I need to get the foot print, sheets/hour, electrical needs, etc. All stuff that I am sure I could find in a manual, but I cannot seem to find one online. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
    Thanks-
    Ivan

2. Diagramamen

Diagramamen Member

Helo Ivan.

I have experience with reforming old machines in Brazil. (Miller, Adast and others).
    ( See my Blog Services : http://elfeletrica.blogspot.com/2011/12/reforma-miller-tp38-4-cores-primeira.html )

Particularly I would recommend inspecting the entire electrical part of these machines and analyzing the possibility of a complete retrofiting.

Consider that very old machines can later have problems with original spare parts (Planet uses many relays and off-line electronics) difficult to obtain.

A retrofiting with modern components (frequency inverters, pneumatic system, contactors, sensors, etc.) can offer a long extra life to a machine as robust as this.

If there is interest or more information, please contact me !!
    diagramasdemaquinas@gmail.com

3. Here are some technical details of these two offset printing press that you mentioned

Planeta Super Variant P77-3 Technical Details:
    •max. paper size 1020x1420 mm (40.16x55.91")
    •smallest size 600x850 mm (23.62x33.46")
    •image area 1010x1420 mm (39.76x55.91")
    •speed 10.000 sheets/h

Planeta P-47 SUPER VARIANT Technical Details:
    Specification: STRAIGHT, SUPER VARIANT, CONVENTIONAL DAMPENING, WEKO T77 POWDER SPRAY UNIT, 7.500 HOURS
    Production Year: 1985