Need help on perfecting sm52 cp 2000

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by andrysetio, Mar 15, 2014.

1. andrysetio

andrysetio Member

Hello guys
    Recently had major disaster, a big flood get to my print shop
    Now i have cleaned all part, and when i started the cp2000
    It says set the press back to straight,
    When i press the check button to set to straight, it only locking reverse drum, n stop, looks like there is problem with motor which move the auto perfect to straight,
    I watch the griper movement, i'm sure the machine is in straight mode,
    Why the cp2000 identify it as perf mode?
    What parameter cp2000 read to determine the perf or straight mode?
    Any help would be great, the machine hasnt run for 2 months now, :(, still cannot inch the machine, set to straight is the only red alert on cp2000

2. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

Hi Andreysetio,
    What year is your machine? Is it Semi or Full automatic Perfector?

3. andrysetio

andrysetio Member

2001, it is a full automatic perf

4. andrysetio

andrysetio Member

First i suspect there is problem with the encoder on perfecting
    If i push the heidelberg service button under the table, and access the perfecting button
    I see the direct control to the perfecting, and i see on the right side there is a number 0 degree
    But it wont change even when i crank the machine
    Is this encoder cp2000 use to read the straight or perf mode?

5. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

In "Full Perfecting" machines, the only possibility to cancel "Synchronization" error is to "Run" Perfecting process. If basic settings are correct, turn the machine by crank handle to ZERO position while you are releasing the motor brake manually, and then try to run Perfecting process. It usually takes a longer time than normal. You may here the sounds of pneumatic components which are engaging and disengaging. If it doesn't work, you have to initialize SAK2 board which should be done by a service technician.

Good luck

6. andrysetio

andrysetio Member

its a good idea, never think of that, i know how to turn the machine to perf mode with manual by crank handle
    i can access the hedelberg service button under the table, and set the clamping off manually and crank the drum to perfecting mode
    i dont know if this will cancel the red error in cp 2000, i will give it a shot,
    the technician from hedelberg have tried to reset the SAK board but no luck, still wont move

7. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

Its a bad idea to access the Heidelberg button and start to activate hydraulics if you dont know what your doing. Also bad idea to reset the SAK. Normally, if you get a set press back to straight printing error you will be able to crank by hand without manually releasing the brake. You should be able to go to the printing material screen to initiate a changeover. You should have a green check mark. When you press the check mark you should hear the audilbe signal from the press before it runs. Press the green check again to begin changeover process. The press may or may not move momentarily. After the initial movment of the machine it will stop and appear to do nothing. It now will want you to put in the hand crank and turn the machine manually to the press zero position. You will not need to deactivate manually, just turn the crank. Continue to turn the crank until you feel it lock up. At this point you will not be able to move it forward or backward. Pull the hand crank back out. Back at the consol you should again have a green check mark. Press it and the press will again give you an audible signal. Press the green check again. The press will now being a calibration run to confirm all setting perfector are correct. it will go all the way into perfect and all the way back out. Once it completes this run you should be good to go. If this process does not work it is very likely that a component that is essential for the perfector was damaged during your flood. Only a Heidelberg tech will be able to help you at this point.

8. andrysetio

andrysetio Member

Thank you exheidmech
    When i press the green check i hear the sound, and then when i press it again, it will set the console to save, and reverse drum locking.
    And yes i remember last week, the machine can be crank without release the brake, but now i cant, maybe there is something wrong when i crank the machine,

9. andrysetio

andrysetio Member

Is it possible i turn the storage upside down? When i manually release the clamping
    But if i crank the machine, no crashing, and i watch the sheet travel, gripper movement it looks like move like it should.
    I will have other heidelberg tech this week, the week before they send me a rookie, he can't do much about it

10. andrysetio

andrysetio Member

One more thing, does this calibration thing happen in the motor which move the auto perfector?
    I haven' t touch it, cause it is a bit difficult to reach, and with the water i guess the motor will get corrosive. I will try to remove it for cleaning today

11. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

If you read my above post what you are saying is correct. The machine will turn by hand until the perfector locks up, totally normal. Once the press locks up go back to the CP2000 consol in the printing material screen. The check mark should be green again. Press it. This should begin the initiate the calibration run. Let it complete the total run. It will take about 3 minutes. Once it is complete you should be good to go.