Need help establishing a fair market value of unused new Heidelberg equipment

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by PedroLlama, Nov 10, 2015.

1. PedroLlama

PedroLlama Member

Hello everybody!

I'm struggling to establish a fair market value for brand new Heidelberg complete printshop for sale. Prepress, Press and bindery equipment. All the machines are still in its original crates (unopened; never installed). Let me explain you: One of my customers is selling a package of the following machines:

2014 Heidelberg SX 74-4+L
    Original price paid: 738,000 EUR

2014 Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST90
    Original price paid: 146,000 EUR

2014 Heidelberg Suprasetter A75 Gen III
    Original price paid: 79,500 EUR

2014 Heidelberg Eurobind 600 Perfect binder
    Original price paid: 57,000 EUR

2014 Polar N 92 Plus
    Original price paid: 47,500 EUR

2014 Heidelberg Stahlfolder B20
    Original price paid: 39,000 EUR

Machines are located in Puebla, México (2 hours east México City). Available for inspection. Still on its original crates (see attached picture). Unused (never installed). Offered directly by the owner

20150903_183913.jpg

They bought these machines new from Heidelberg (received them during Jan/Feb 2015), but never installed the printshop (because their parent company's main project changed suddenly). And now, they're selling them. I'm struggling with the customer to establish a fair market value since he thinks they're worth what he paid for as new. It's understandable that it cannot be sold for the same exact price, but it's difficult to establish a reasonable market price.

They're looking for a buyer for the whole package (sum of all quantities). But I'm pushing them to agree on accepting individual offers for each machine.

Let me know if any of you is interested in buying the machines or if you think you can find someone else who may be interested (specially, a end user). L/C (Letters of credit accepted).

We can also pay a reasonable fee on any effective referral in case you think you can connect us with a potential buyer.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Regards from México,

Pedro Llama Esteinou

AICSA Puebla
    +52 222 7500934
    aicsapuebla@hotmail.com

2. AKJ

AKJ Member

Pedro

The value should be 10-15% lower than new based on a normal restocking charge. Heidelberg probably offered this to your client.

Allen

3. ekselsior

ekselsior New Member

ya ithink so too, the value should aroun 10 or maybe 20 %, because heidelberg printing machine its still good and people demand it till now