Muller Martini Pantera

Discussion in 'Book Binding' started by Enrique Germany, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Enrique Germany

Enrique Germany Member

I'm having the following problem with the Muller Martini Pantera Binder. On the touch control panel, there is the option to configure the offset compensation to align the books and the hotmelt glue unit. This compensation offset parameter must be entered every time the machine is turned off, which is really time-consuming to perfectly align the books. I remember that before, it was not necessary to adjust this every time, just to fine-tune. It is like the machine is not recognizing starting position or something like it.

Does someone had experienced something similar? or may someone have some insights on this topic?

2. Jose Chacon

Jose Chacon Member

Hello, do you still have this problem on your computer? If so, is there any other parameter that you need to rewrite in the equipment or is it only the gluing unit that presents this problem?

3. Enrique Germany

Enrique Germany Member

Yes, I still have the problem. It is only the gluing unit, that on every start I have to manually adjust the offset compensation parameter to align the gluing to the book spine. I assume that there must be some sort of optical sensor that aligns the book with the gluing action. All the optical sensors nearby are working as tested with the indicator and electrically. So I was wondering if there is some other sensor such as an encoder or something related to the book holder clamps carrousel that loses the position on every start.

Terzioglu likes this.
  4. Jose Chacon

Jose Chacon Member

OK ...but let me asking something. Do you know How to set up the Calibration at the spine gluing System ?.Remember when you mentioned compensation parameter this it is not the real measures on the book spine. of course depending of your needing because the application is not exact . the machine program give this compensation in order to help to the operator to get a correct glue aplication this is only a factor that help you to move downward or forward the gluing line length. In some machines this values are erased with every shut off. Then what you should do It´s check the spine gluing set up position and bring it to original size. You can find this information in the electrical manual.(mando electrico pantera 1577) .

Enrique Germany likes this.
  5. Enrique Germany

Enrique Germany Member

I will give it a try and check the setting. But until now, after every shutdown, even when continuing with a previous job, with the same dimensions the operator has to expend several minutes to adjust the offset compensation (with different values, even with the same dimension of the book) to get the glue on the right place. I am sure this was not happening in the early days of the machine.

6. Jose Chacon

Jose Chacon Member

OK also it´s really important to check all the mechanical parts involved in the doctor blade gluing system movement . maybe a broken piston or something dirty is affecting the sizes.
    upload_2021-4-18_20-15-13.png

Attached Files: