muller martini minuteman stitcher help needed

Discussion in 'Collator-Booklet Maker Systems' started by beastro, Feb 24, 2017.

1. beastro

beastro New Member

muller martini minuteman saddle stitcher. header trim blades wont line up flush.

tried changing blades and readjusting, but it wont set straight. what gives?

if more info needed, please ask! thanks for anybody willing to take time to help!

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi, sir hope you are well.
    this machine is Stitcher, folder ,trimmer??
    If it is, did you change the Knives correctly ,and adjustment paralell upper vs lower knife ?
    do you believe is mechanical , or electrical problem??

3. beastro

beastro New Member

good morning sir and thank you kindly for your response.

we are sure the issue is not electrical, as the machine can run. the trimmer knives wont sit flush, resulting in bad cuts (either not at all or very roughly).

the blades are for the trimmer module for the stitcher. weve replaced blades on this unit before with no issues, so i am confident that we did it correctly this time, along with the positioning and adjustments made.

our troubleshooting guy for this machine spoke to us on the phone, and said the issue may be with the fact that we havent bought new blades for a long time (we have been only sending the blades to get sharpened) and that may have shaved them down too short.

please let me know if theres more information you need. thanks again!

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

understood.
    This is operation like the paper cutter.
    The sharp will be good, otherwise you we have a LOT problem
    Let me know when you have the right Blades, and see if working o.k
    Some machines has limit swtich for protection machine and operator , when you are
    replacing the blades.
    Takes if the l. switch ( y have schematic diagrams)? see it