Muller Martini Merit S three knife trimmer

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Waqas_zahid, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Waqas_zahid

Waqas_zahid Senior Member

Hi,

I recently came across the merit s three knife trimmer, was facing some issues with skewed cuts, turned out it was a problem with the L and M axes, but I am getting size variations and I believe i need to calibrate all the axes for side knives, side stops, thickness and etc, can anybody provide me some document on how to calibrate the servo drive axes in this machine?

Would appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks!

fangteo likes this.
  2. Waqas_zahid

Waqas_zahid Senior Member

Anyone? Just need a hint on where to begin and what procedure to follow, the inductive sensors seem to be indicating zero position for each axes but would appreciate if anyone can provide me a document or a rough idea even.

Thanks.

fangteo likes this.
  3. Brendon McCastle

Brendon McCastle Member

Hello,
    Just a quick question. This might actually be outside of the scope of my knowledge but we have one as well. Do you have a problem with the size changing during the production run or is it just a problem with the trimmer going to the correct size?
    Brendon

fangteo likes this.
  4. fangteo

fangteo New Member

Hi,
    The machine has error 065, how can the machine receive the position of the axes again?

Attached Files:

5. Brendon McCastle

Brendon McCastle Member

Hello,
    We have had this same issue in the past. Our operators go to the main screen and then hold down the "+" button while pressing the jog button. Jog the trimmer this way until it completes one cycle and then the degrees come up on the screen. At that point you will want to jog the machine to 187.5 degrees. Then you can run the initialization of the stalled axes.
    Hope it works for you.

fangteo likes this.

6. fangteo

fangteo New Member

Thank you very much, I will try to follow your instructions