Muller Martini Amigo Plus Paper Jam

Discussion in 'Book Binding' started by Bizegode, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Bizegode

Bizegode Member

Morning all

I have a problem with a Muller Martini Amigo Plus. In fact, the machine reports a "Paper jam" fault. However in reality no jam I checked the sensor it works perfectly. Does anyone have any idea where the error could come from?

2. Mehanka Abortmaher

Mehanka Abortmaher Senior Member

I didn't understood with that glue equipment. I can assume that the sensor itself has failed (there is no signal to the controller or the supply voltage goes into the unknown)
    Try to test the sensors by forcibly changing their signal with a piece of iron or a sheet of paper, while looking at the indication of the controller input lines.
    You may need to disconnect the signal line from the controller to check the sensors (if the sensor in the normal state sends a signal constantly).
    Also, I do not exclude the cause of the error caused by jamming / overload (protection operation) of the main stroke electric motors or the milling module.

ATTENTION! Turn off the main switch when manually turning the cutter!

3. Bizegode

Bizegode Member

I checked the sensors. They are all functional. I even swapped them the problem remains.
    I even checked the sensor signals on the module, everything is normal.

4. Mehanka Abortmaher

@Bizegode
    Check the limit switches for the "load limiting coupling" and the glue bath if it is removable. try to turn the machine manually, our Tigra, when the full block is jammed, unlocks the "load limiting clutch" and you have to turn the machine manually to restore synchronization and clutch coupling.
    Also, manual cranking will allow you to understand whether the transmission is spinning easily and where there are jams or jamming.
    What if your main engine is jammed from old bearings?

5. Bizegode

Bizegode Member

Error

Attached Files:

6. Bizegode

Bizegode Member

When I deactivate the cover take, the machine runs normally without stopping.

7. Mehanka Abortmaher

"Cover jam" check the cover feed module in the machine. Perhaps the sensor failed there.

8. Mehanka Abortmaher

On the first two photos, the cover sensor and its reflector check their cleanliness and serviceability.
    In the third photo, an incremental encoder is a device that allows the central controller to know the position of the machine's rotation with an accuracy of 1 degree. I hope the rotation of the machine works without the overlay of the cover, so it's not in it.

Attached Files:

9. Bizegode

Bizegode Member

yes that's exactly it. I think the problem may come from the modules. is there a way to reset?

10. Bizegode

Bizegode Member

here is a picture of the mods. here is a picture of the mods. it is as if the modules keep the error in memory.

Attached Files:

11. Mehanka Abortmaher

The cover sensor is optical, based on the reflected signal. You can wipe the reflector with a dust cloth. If there is a sheet, it should turn on the "operation" LED.
    The encoder is more difficult, it gives three signals to the main controller. It can be checked by starting the machine in the setup mode in different angular positions and checking the operation of the automation with the "eye", evaluating the correctness of the stop in the selected position.

12. Bizegode

Bizegode Member

I checked the eye, it works correctly. I also checked the encoder by the different positions of the automatic timing, no problem

13. Mehanka Abortmaher

Then check the signal from the cover sensor to the controller. Place some covers and feed them into the machine in setting mode. See that the LEDs on the sensor and the main controller turn on at the same time.

14. Bizegode

Bizegode Member

It’s working normally

15. Bizegode

Bizegode Member

but when i try to send the cover manually. she doesn't go out

16. Mehanka Abortmaher

Is there a vacuum on the suction cups? Do the suction cups move when the car is turned?
    Is the vacuum cutoff solenoid working?

17. Bizegode

Bizegode Member

The vaccum cutoff solenoid work good. I just finished checking it.

Attached Files:

18. Mehanka Abortmaher

The sensors are OK, the valve is working.
    The cover feed mechanism seems to be working as well. But there is no cover. Has the compressor been serviced? Are the compressor filters clean? Graphite blades without chips?

19. Bizegode

Bizegode Member

I overhauled the compressor yesterday, no problem with graphite blades and filter are clean. suction or discharge

20. Bizegode

Bizegode Member

I even tried to reset the API. doing this procedure.

PLC Initialization In order to bring the controller to a defined start state, it is recommended to reset the PLC according to the following steps before continuing: 1. Press and hold the stop push button 3PB (S3 ). 2. Turn main circuit breaker ON. The "machine on" light above the main circuit breaker illuminates. 3. Release the stop button. 4. All PLC variables are now reset to factory defaults and the controller is ready for operation.

The API is reinitialized mqis the problem persists.