MOZP delivery pile automatically goes down

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by cc1433, May 30, 2018.

1. cc1433

cc1433 Member

Hi,
    Yesterday when we ran our MOZP with CP Tronic, we had an issue when the paper passed through the front layer the delivery pile would automatically lower non stop until it hit the bottom safety switch. But as soon as the paper feeder stopped the pile would also stop. After we switched off the machine and switched it on, it error got rectified and we worked the whole day.
    This morning when we tried to print, the error came again. Though we switched it off and on twice or thrice, the issue still persists.
    Note that the pile down and up manual works while the machine is idling.

Regards,
    Charith

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    Please test the amplifier BAE supossing that you are using: Measure 1) 60vca +20Vca +10Vca if there are in the range or are missing
    2) Adjust the reflection light barrier ANK+FUK. Clean it, and test the Connector and pins(clean it and tight very well) and see if there are o.k or faulty+Control disc switch.
    3) See the if the amplifier according his LED, as working o.k
    3a) Adjust the Recessed disc according with the Degree.
    4) If you are using the amplifier HE 24-25
    A) Measure the 20Vca is there o.k in the range or missing. tight very well contacts and clean.
    B) Meaure +15Vdc in AS sensor 2) Test the transmitter RL3 if is o.k , clean it, and tight very well ,look for pins broken or dirty.3) test the AS magnetic swtich, clean it and test.
    C) Adjust the control disc according time degrees.
    5) Finally see if the amplifier is giving the signal LED o.k.

3. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Chock, what does anything you mentioned have to do with a CPTronic MO with delivery pile issues?

4. contractor

contractor Member

Agree with you junker - I would be looking at the delivery pile sensor - sounds like it's faulty and thinks it has a high paper stack and wants to go down.
    Can't remember where they are located on the MO but on newer machines they are on the front or side joggers.

5. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

It’s been quite awhile since I’ve seen a CPTronic MO, but I’m thinking they did not have an inductive sensor, as SM machines. Was a star cam used to stop downward motion?

6. contractor

contractor Member

You might be right as it was a CPTronic I thought it may have the updated SM version of a prox. sensor but looking at manual I only see the limit switch B80 located inside the operator side guard.
    Not to many of these machines left these days to check on.

7. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Please send me a Pics of his machine in
    order to be Right with you and Help more

8. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

So right, Contractor. It's tough to keep all these moving parts straight in ones mind!

9. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Dear Sir:
    Hi hope you are well.
    My apologize since, I did not see that his machine has Cptronic,Sorry.
    However you must test the following:
    According with his schematic diagrams you must 1) test the Board STK-AC control; for control of Auxiliary Drive: Delivery and Feeder Motor and associates componenents like limit switch and sensors.like cap sensor/delivery governor foot/feeder.
    Remember this system has closed loop control for pile-lifting motors.
    The internal power supplies part supplies d.c. voltage of 12Vdc for C-MOS logic( coming from 24Vdc NTK) you must test very well all power supply according in the schematic Diagrams:+48Vdc+24Vdc+5Vdc. The board has 2 relays for switching Motorup/down, 2 relays for switching Motor fast/slow,transistors for control braker 48Vdc. L1, L2, L3 for the motors. and others, like electronic load relays.
    Test the STK X1, very Well, pins broken, loose, dirty, loose wires, or broken, clean it and repair it, if necessary.

2)LTK50/500 Brushless DC. auxiliary drives, has similarS contruction components to the STK.
    for LTK 50 test the diodes: In normal operation diodes goes out, and light up when the is stanstill. In case of malfunction the Lighted diode
    means: No enablinkg HAK (board) or Overcurrent Motor. Fuse Blowin F2 or Fuse Blown F1 +F2(everything is dark)
    For LTK 500: Function Red: Malfunction No enabling of the LTK, or Overcurrent or Over/undervoltage. U<80v U>140=LT switches off temporarily. U<70 or U> 180v=>LT Switches off completely. Reset or Fuse blown . Not enabling of the HAK.
    Normal operation Yellow diode : diodes light up when associates motor is standstill . Diodes are out when motor is rotating. Malfunction on the LT on the motor: one or both diodes light up. Motor at standstill, both diodes are out.
    Please test the Connector associates with the respectives Boards, and see if the voltages are o.k
    Maybe you will need the Location Diagrama for the machine.

10. cc1433

cc1433 Member

Hi Chock,
    I will send you the images. Currently the board is still out with the technician, he did the testing of the relays for the motors. And then we fixed the card in, but the same issue persist.
    So now his moving to the brake part of the relays to check if everything is okay there. Hope he would get back to me soon on the method of resolution.
    Will keep you posted on the issue. Thanks for the assistance.
    Regards,
    Charith