MOZP 1993 Feeder Timing

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Barnhart_Engineering, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Barnhart_Engineering

Barnhart_Engineering Member

Could someone PLEASE help me get my MOZP, 1993, Cp-Tronic, get my feeder in perfect timing. Any pointers please, I keep adjusting on the DS where the slip clutch is.....with the two 13mm bolts and you can turn it for timing. But I can't quite get it exact.

What are the correcting things to look for.

Brent

2. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

I've noticed you're looking for an ops manual. That would help you immensely, and there are fewer and fewer MO machines around. Given all CPTronic machines require sheet to arrive at the eyes at a degree value, without the degree value you'll have to wing it. Pre-CPTronic machines had the reference of when the headstops just reached their lowest position (end of downward movement) the sheet should be 5mm from the stops, stops at zero position (center). Say if you were to set the feeder timing at the old reference point, which should run, but you see that the stream is not consistent, the problem may not be how you're setting your timing, but a problem with the clutch or any number of problems in the take drive components. Such as the spools under the feed table, or the idler shaft where the tapes make their first turn, suggest you loosen up the tapes and check all! Maybe a problem with the reflex sensors. There does come a time when you should call someone in. Like when you're down to the last tuft of hair in your head. No disrespect intended :). Good luck!

3. Barnhart_Engineering

Barnhart_Engineering Member

Thank you very much Junker.
    I am actually installing this press currently 4 states over.
    It was my machine, and I'm doing the install as part of the "deal."

I am done, ready to go home, need to just make a general adjustment so the machine can run fairly well.
    It ran well before it was moved, but in the move process I believe the feeder is not quite the same position.

Based on what you are saying if I get to 5mm from the stops I "should" be able to get it to run...correct?

I am operating pretty blind with manuals only in German.

Thank you for your kind reply,
    Brent

4. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Can't recall if that seat of the pants setting will work, but yes, it should. Nothing changed as far as infeed or feeder, grippers still closed at 149 degrees and guides didn't change so it's definitely worth a try. Did you position the press in the correct place and zero the clutch when you hooked up the chain? If not, it's all gonna be hit and miss to try to get proper arrival.

5. cc1433

cc1433 Member

Hi,
    As my current problem has to do with the MOZP feeder timing, I thought of tagging my question to this thread. So after many tweaks we finally go the production on button working. All this while we were manually switching on the compressor, paper on, feeder on etc. But now we have noticed there is a sometimes a timing issue. Where what I feel is that the machine doesnt wait till the proper timing, and starts to grab the sheet immediately. So this results in either the paper coming too early or too late to the eye. I have attached a video to this message to clarify my explanation.
    thanks ,
    Charith

6. Adil

Adil Senior Member

Show me the MID screen at the feeder and give me the dynamic and initial machine tests (dyn-test and init-test)

cc1433 and ABDALLH SANDAFI like this.
  7. cc1433

cc1433 Member

Hi Adil,
    Sorry there is a bit of an issue with the display, if you require any clarifications please tell me I will type it out.
    These are DYN 0 , INIT 0 DYN-0.jpg INIT-0.jpg

8. Jack liston

Jack liston Senior Member

HELLO Brent disconnect micro switch under feeder handwheel turn off automatic timing on cp tronic jog press to 80*degree have someone hold feeder wheel tight undo bolts on timing Ds and place sheet 4_5 mm from head stop make sure feeder stream is on feed board first