MOZ registration problem

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Heidelberg1970, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Heidelberg1970

Heidelberg1970 New Member

Hi Friends, I am running a Heidelberg MOZ ( year 1984, 2 colors, non-perfector ).
    My problem is 1st unit with 2nd unit registration unmatch (but not all the sheet of paper). 4 angle registration mark are match, but the front centre of paper ( range within 10 inches X 10 inches ) unmatch. This problem comes in all different thickness of paper. Can any friends out there help me soft this problem?
    Thank you.

2. dab1068

dab1068 Member

Sorry I'm late, did you get your problem fixed?

3. ravichegu84@gmail.com

ravichegu84@gmail.com New Member

check your packing, i think it will help you

4. cc1433

cc1433 Member

Hi I have the same problem, I checked the packing and all pressure, is there a solution or any other type of test I can do to check which unit is out? as that is the hardest problem to solve.
    Regards,
    Charith

5. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

CC is your press a perfector? and how many colors?

6. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Suggest you do a breakaway solid to prove jacket/cylinder integrity.

7. cc1433

cc1433 Member

Hi there,
    Exheidech, yes its a perfector, its a MOZP 1+1,2+0 , its a two color machine

Hi Junker,
    I am not clear on how to carry out a breakway solid, if you can put me in the direction of how to find how to do this i would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Charith

8. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

One unit at a time, print a dry solid breakaway - turn off damps, print solid color onto sheet, and back off pressure evenly until the solid image starts breaking up. Be careful, if your grippers are not in good condition, you may end up with a smashed blanket and sheets in your inker due to the heavy coverage.

9. cc1433

cc1433 Member

Hi Junker,
    So I did that and then took a print of a graph sheet. What I noticed was towards the grippers the registration was okay, but towards the tail of the sheet, the send unit register marks were within the first units register marks. Which lands me in a situation where I cannot do anything to adjust it. This is flare(the expansion) is worst at the tail, pin side of the job, its not bad comparatively near the gripper. Hope the issue is clear.

10. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

CC - You mention you did the dry solid breakaway, but no mention about how it came out. The flaring of the sheet could be coming from any of the transfer points, or a combination of all. Grippers may require setting (or replacement, if this is an older machine with urethane tips), cam followers must be checked and condition of gripper bars support elements should be inspected. You really

11. Deep River Hunter

Deep River Hunter Member

Had this problem with my MOZP replaced the ink repelling blanket and packed it correctly fixed it!! It is the blanket between 1st unit Imp. cylinder and the transfer drum. I had a super blue on there, took it off and installed ink repelling blanket...... problem solved.

12. cc1433

cc1433 Member

Thanks Deep River hunter,
    I have ordered a silicon bead jacket from Printguard, I am awaiting that, so once that comes I will replace my current super blue jacket. Fingers crossed it would work.
    To clear the blanket on the transfer cylinder do you use a solution provided by them? or is it okay to use Roller wash?