Move Ryobi 3302

Discussion in 'Ryobi Printing Presses' started by jdalsvig, Sep 25, 2010.

1. jdalsvig

jdalsvig New Member

I'm moving the shop to a new location and need to move my Ryobi 3302. I kind of remember how the mover did it the last time, but it was five years ago and I wasn't around for the whole process. I know that he used a couple of floor jacks and a palette jack or two. I understand how to approach and lift it from the operators side but the door is too narrow to get it out that way. Needs to travel lengthwise, not sideways. Any suggestions? Can't afford to hire a mover at this time...

Thanks,

Jason

2. WGS

WGS Member

Go to your local industrial tool rental and see if they have a tool called a wheeled dolly, wheeled lever, or Jackson Bar. It's a 6 foot long board made usually of oak, with steel lever at the bottom with 2 wheels on the back. Designed for pinch lifting heavy equipment. Use the bar to lift one side at a time and put pieces of wood under the leveling feet. You can lift up the press with enough pieces of wood to run 2x4's or something thicker across the press and pick up with a pallet jack, going into the press delivery. One fork of the pallet jack as close to the non-operator side as possible, with the other fork outside on the operator side. HAve someone stand on the outside fork for balance as you move.

Be mindful that you have to run the feet of the feeder all the way up when moving or placing the press, and that the weight of the press does NOT go on the feeder. The feeder is held on to the press with adjustment 4 bolts and putting the weight on to those bolts can cause the feeder to shift on the press. Then you're screwed. You'll need a Ryobi press technician to reposition and adjust the feeder.

Be aware that it's kind of tricky for someone to move a twin tower because of the configuration of the drip pans. It's easy to screw them up, and difficult to put the press into them without the proper equipment.

When you have the press moved, level with the impression cylinder and non-operator side side frame. Use the 4 feet on the press to level with, and when it's level, lower the feeder feet to the floor and snug them a little, and you're done.

3. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

You will also need to possibly remove the main console panel and control levers to get it out the door. There's a couple of screws under it you need to remove then pivot the console upwards. Then undo the main console plug CAREFULLY. The console is on a hinge and will (should) slide sideways (after it's lifted upwards) to remove. Reverse process to install. We got one in the shops back door maybe 33" wide. WGS has good advice on the move itself. Take your time. Watch your toes.

4. wsp

wsp Member

there is a much easier way. we have had 2 long steel rods cut that go thru the holes on the lower frame at the front and back. we run the bars thru leaving 8 -10 inches of bar haning out of either side you can jack the press up from there and also set roller dollie under the bars and the press is basicly on skates. our service tech / ryobi dealer even had a pallet jack cut abart and widened to be able to staddle the press and just lift it using those bars

5. Guy Rovella

Guy Rovella New Member

Do you remember how thick the rods are? I'm figuring by photos and can't tell for sure.

6. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

I use 1 1/4" for 2C QM46.