Motor Brake Seized UP

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by Richard_Hardin, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Richard_Hardin

Richard_Hardin Member

I've recently been getting some crashes on our QMDI Pro where it will come to a hault. During the crash, it resets my counter to a previous number, disengages 1-3 units and some blowers come on briefly. It's like it's going into a reset state. I've noticed in the past that resetting the plug on the ZTK board will fix this, but it seems to be temporary. This time around, it did fix it, but I ended up smelling a really hot electric/brake smell and saw a slight haze of smoke coming from around the control console. I couldn't find anything burned up on any of the boards, but I noticed the fan on the CPU unit was not turning which is where I smell the heat coming from. I also could not turn the press over by hand with the manual brake. After some time of pumping the brake a bit, I was finally able to turn it a bit. Sometimes on startup, I get an odd sound coming direct from the motor.
    Possible voltage issue?

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:

Will be a good idea do this steps:

1) measure all power suppy Vdc : +5 +24Vdc, etc check your schematic diagrams

2) if the fan was failure , is indicative that some Power is faulty in your section power supply[ a) Vac ++ b) Vdc

3) the smell burn in the brake, can be to lack of maintenance in the main motor, ( winding reheating+ ball bearing replace, etc)

4) The motor has 5 resistors ; contains two code resistors that provide thecontrol electronics with information about the motor

output. +three PTC resistors that measure the current motor temperature andtransfer the measured values to the control electronics.

5)the electronic Board BLT rectifies the three phase AC supply voltage. The generated DC voltage is provided to the six bridge transistors as DC link
    voltage. The transistors then provide the main motor with current according to the commands of the control, CAN be faulty, look carefully for Dry + colder joint solder in BLT

Blessing