Monthly Volume Rating...

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by kdw75, Aug 29, 2013.

1. kdw75

kdw75 Senior Member

Is the monthly volume rating companies like Xerox give anything to be concerned about? We just had a 560 installed and it recommends a monthly volume up to 50K per month. We have put almost 30K on it in 4 days. Should this concern me or will it just mean more frequent service calls?

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

A nice problem to have! Congrats on all the work.

Xerox gives two numbers, the average of 10-50,000 per month and the maximum duty cycle of 300,000 in a particular month.
    I think the only time the average will come into play is if you exceed it by a good deal or regularly and complain about the service required or downtime they may come back and point out the volume compared to the CED (customer expectations) #.

3. kdw75

kdw75 Senior Member

I was concerned that overusing the machine would cause it to start turning out lower quality work or something along those lines.

On our 7556 we are are constantly getting clumps in the developer units and the repair guy said it was because we ran it too much and the heat buildup from the long runs caused the clumps. We put 35K a month on it and its rated for 22K.