MO toning

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by HMO81, May 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. HMO81

HMO81 Member

I run a 1993 five color MOFPH with alcolor. I Have toning probs with my second unit where i run black. Mostly tones up around the edges and i find my self having to skew my metering roller too much to compensate for this. A couple months ago i reset all the dampening rollers in all units and was able to bring the water down from 80 as my starting point to 45-55 in all units except the second one. Its not such a big deal on small runs or jobs that dont take up the whole sheet but its really stressing me out. I know i shouldnt have to run my waters that high. I have this problen in all units to a lesser degree. Recently increased the amount of etch and alcohol sub and changed the type of ink i run and that has helped a little but still having this prob. Temp in my water tank is usually around 45 f. Not sure how long rollers have been in that unit but they dont look burnt so i am at a loss. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. gazman

gazman Senior Member

Something doesnt seem right if u have to run your waters that high.
    I would start by de-glazing and de-calcifing all units maybe a few times you might find that they are contaminated.
    After that dump and clean water tank.
    Lastly check ink and water forms to plate and oscilators.
    Hope this is of some help

3. kammannbro

kammannbro Member

yes do the for step de-glazing
    Now after that you should see if your pan rollers is good or not what I do is I clean my pan rollers every two days or so now the first thing I look for is when I slowly removing the water from the roller when you turn your damper adjusters clockwise you should have NO WATER TOWARDS THE MIDDLE OF THAT PAN ROLLER now if it looks like that your pan roller is still good but if the water is removed evenly all away through your roller is smashed it needs a new one, or it just could be just the stripe chrome to damper, maybe all you need is your unit to be re-striped bad, I run a 6 color press we run Y M C K and I don’t like running my water over 40% at anytime,
    theres one more thing that could do that as well if you need more water when you have your bridge roller engaged

4. 5150pressman

5150pressman Senior Member

Check the air blowers to the damps. They might not be closed all the way