MO Electrical problem

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by old school 52, Sep 22, 2017.

1. old school 52

old school 52 Member

Good Morning,
    I'm having a problem with inch button, reverse button and recently the run button not working intermittently. I can hear the switch activating but I don't think it pulls in all the way. What contactor would I be looking for?
    Thanks

2. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

I believe you should first look at the drive motor brake being the cause of your problem. Do this, have someone pull back on the brake handle while you depress the forward, reverse and run buttons. If there's no delay, the brake is the problem. Good Luck!

old school 52 likes this.
  3. old school 52

old school 52 Member

Thanks Junker, I'll give it a shot.

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Dear Sir:
    Hi hope you are well.
    If you look your schematic diagrams
    with a pencil push first the C1 contactor for forward , and then with a pencil push the contactor C2 BACKWARD, and see what
    happen if the contactor work good and machine with motor-brake you see has some mechanical problem, maybe is the Brake,
    Reapair and clean it very well, this is the first possibility. then are other most important.
    However you mentioned RUN button, you must see another problem this 2 contactor : 1) Star and 2) Delta, the star contarctor and limited time for development the start of motor controlled by Time relay, you can adjust is the number d114 or d210 nOT SURE but
    you must identify with his schematic and adjust the seconds in the same relais, for to see if there a better improvement.
    Most of the time, NOT necessarily is the braker is the time relais is faulty, or need adjustment. USE the "Common sense" for to identify the faulty.
    Let me know any doubt or question

old school 52 likes this.