Mimaki Converted to Chinese Printer

Discussion in 'Print Community General Printing Discussion' started by jarprint, Apr 4, 2021.

1. jarprint

jarprint New Member

Hello,

My name is Fajar. First of all, sorry for my bad English and bad writings.

I like to share about my experience and hope you guys would like to share your knowledges so I can learn more. I have no experience in the printing industry but love to learn.

It all start when my wife wants to make personalized waterproof, dishwasher-proof sticker for kids. and I learned that to be able to make that sticker I need Eco-Solvent printer and print on a vinyl sticker. But the cheapest desktop Eco Solvent printer is still beyond our budget. I tried to convert normal desktop printer into eco solvent printer but no success. Even though the printer can print with eco solvent ink, still cannot print on vinyl. Perhaps because there is no heater.

Later, I found this company from China who sell a Printer Conversion Kit using XP600 printhead.

839999ad-62a9-4866-9987-f8382da08bcc.JPG

Lucky I found someone who wants to sell a broken MIMAKI JV3-130SPII for a very cheap price. All original printheads already gone. Then I strip it all, throw the original boards and things that doesn't need and put the conversion kit.

IMG_2272.JPG PHOTO-2020-10-30-22-00-52.jpg

It was a big job and took me several months to finish it (as I also have a job). The printer now can print. But, even though I still not satisfy with the result. I ask for advise to a guy who work in the printing and signage industry for over 30 years. He told me that the result was good but not best, and he said it because the RIP. The company who sold the system said their kit can only work with Maintop or Photoprint.

Here are some of the printing (scanned with EPSON WF-7725 scanner)

img20210331_21020458.jpg img20210331_21045799.jpg img20210331_22112647.jpg img20210331_22171869.jpg img20210331_22315278.jpg

I know the price speak it self. But I'm hoping some members here would share their knowledge and experience to guide me to bring the best result from this printer. I'm not expecting to beat HP, MIMAKI, ROLAND or other big brand. I just feeling sure that there is room for improvement.

As I said before, I have no experience in printing equipment. When I did this project I was like someone who bake a pizza but never eats pizza :)

Thanks in advance.

Best regards..