MFC-03-3600 Active Status Preventing Fuser Cleanup

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by Stiv, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Stiv

Stiv Senior Member

Is there any way to tell where the offending issue is?

I'm running the worst crap and I can't make any headway with all of the paper path cleaning I'm doing. The iGen is just sitting while I can't find these issues. I've had to restart a few times.

2. Neess

Neess Senior Member

did you run a large format, for example 36 cm wide and the unassign the feeder?

The stock has to have the same width in order to do a fuser cleanup

3. Stiv

Stiv Senior Member

I'm running 80# Gloss Text and it is running terribly.

I have 14" clean up sheets. When they get stuck and the iGen shuts off it doesn't throw a code. The iGen just sits there with the MFC-03-3600 Active Status Preventing Fuser Cleanup code until I figure out where the fuser clean up sheet got stuck.

4. iGenFan

iGenFan Member

If you have any 14.3 x 20.5 paper, load it up and see if that will feed for your clean up. I usually have tray 2 lower loaded with some 60# 14.3x20.5 as my clean up tray. Works every time.

5. Stiv

Stiv Senior Member

Sheets wrapping around Fuser roll, etc., thinking there are other issues here at work.
    Calling for tech. I ran 4M clicks yesterday. Whoo boy.

6. ThomiGen

ThomiGen Member

I had a air knife relay to go out and caused 80t to wrap around the fuser about every twenty or so clicks.

7. Stiv

Stiv Senior Member

Tech replaced nearly everything from the blade assy tab to the pressure roll, donor roll and stripper fingers. Changed out the fuser fluid and replaced the filter, wick and metering blade.
    I'm rolling now. Keep your fingers crossed.

8. iGenFan

iGenFan Member

Fingers crossed for you. I can feel the pain of only 4m clicks in a day! Major stress test. Sounds like Service was a little behind in their HFSI's.

9. peels

peels tree killer :)

I have had this...usually it is something dumb, like fill a random paper drawer..or empty sheets from the top tray.

ALso, I have noticed, if you don't clear a jam from the print engine lickety-split, it will never clear. Just out of area 2 "pre transfer"

then I have to reboot.

10. iGenFan

iGenFan Member

Don't get me wrong. I respect the techs. If you get the fault again, try this tip because the machine will be stuck in a logic (or not) loop. Shut down the PSIP and the press and flip the breakers off above 10a-10b. Give it a couple minutes to clear the boards and flip them on and power up the PSIP. Wait for the login and turn the press on. If you get a configuration error, choose no then restart the system. Hope it helps.

11. iGenFan

iGenFan Member

Oh yeah... shut down the press when PSIP shutsdown! Oops

12. peels

peels tree killer :)

I have had to do just about the same thing....

13. RMiGen

RMiGen Senior Member

If you have an offending fault just look through Administration and flip through all the sub categories.

eg. Last 25 Primary Faults, Last 200 Function Printer Faults, etc.

These are all time stamped so you can see the latest one if you sort it by Date/Time.