metering rollers ink up.

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by northern-andy, Jun 29, 2011.

1. northern-andy

northern-andy Member

hi,
    im having problems with my metering rollers inking up throughout the day, im having to clean them at least twice a shift.
    i'm using steinman-hostag inks / fount subsidry and about 5% alcohol.

2. FSA

FSA Senior Member

Reset your roller nips, too tight at the meter

3. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

Is it all units or just one or two?

Have you checked whether your fount is contaminated with solvent?

How often do you clean the tanks/pans? Is there any silt build up in the pans?

When you stop the pressrun and restart do you get a colour surge?

(Have you sorted the plate clamping issue?)

4. northern-andy

northern-andy Member

its all units, ive flushed the fount out, the whole system needed a good clean out, cleaned all the pans out (lots of silt in there)
    over all the col is pretty stable and only takes a few sheets to balance out after a stop start.
    il see how it goes today for the other guy as i did it last few hours before i finished shift today.
    MMM the plate clamp is a bit ongoing at the moment, the press came from Australia and its had a right butcher working on it!The manual plate release for the grip edge/ back edge are so rounded i cant realy do much regarding setting at the moment.im sure it will get sorted, ive only been on this press 3 weeks so im finding all its little quirks.
    cheers Richard

5. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

Ok - have you tried a set of good quality 'mole' grips on the rounded bolt? That ought to give you enough leverage and grip to turn the mechanism enough to do the job.

On the meter roller issue, now you got rid of all the crud in the pans and cleaned the system you should (if your fount additive is a good 'un) see major improvement.

best o'luck