Memjet digital label presses...Anyone running one now?

Discussion in 'Other Digital Presses' started by seanryder, Oct 3, 2016.

1. seanryder

seanryder Member

Anyone have experience with memjet printing? Specifically the Colordyne 2600 or Trojan 2 mini presses. Would love to chat with someone actually running one in a production environment.

Thanks
    Sean

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Also curious...

3. seanryder

seanryder Member

Going to look at a setup friday.

4. rolermanto

rolermanto Senior Member

Any update? I'm also curious

5. seanryder

seanryder Member

Seems like a great machine. Easy to setup and use. Color and quality seem excellent. Well built solid construction. Run the label art through a rip for ease of setup and color control. Easy to use self maintenance (circulate ink, clean print head etc). *This was seen "on the showroom floor" and not in an actual production environment. The people there were extremely knowledgeable on the press, software etc., and answered any and all questions. I think the key is going to be really knowing your cost to the penny and knowing the market. The ink is pricey but there is very little waste. I use dry toner based printers and see how much waste toner i throw out regularly. (not that we pay for toner lol). If you're not in that line, labels are a whole different animal.

6. Shaan Patel

Shaan Patel New Member

We are a CDT and Trojan distributor. If you are still looking at some of the Memjet equipment please feel free to reach out (www.arrsys.com) and we will be happy to put you in touch with some of our customers. The Memjet technology has come along way in the past few years and is really starting to get interested with the Duraflex pigmented inks.