Marks in all colours?!

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by iGen4_Fiery, Jan 30, 2013.

1. iGen4_Fiery

iGen4_Fiery Member

Hi all,

I've got a problem with these marks in all colours and in the same place on every sheet (see attached). They are NOT happening in the process direction so i'm a bit stumped.

Have changed everything that can effect all the colours such as belt, transfer/pre transfer wires. Also this is happening pre fuser.

Going to give Xerox a call in the morning just wondering if anyone has any ideas

Attached Files:

2. Neess

Neess Senior Member

Could look like the paper is not slipping off the belt as it should, are you running a heavy stock? like 300+gsm

3. cisco605

cisco605 Member

marks look familiar they are in cross process direction the fix was replace the tab assist blade. Tech also adjusted the pitch of the assist blade.

4. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

Trail edge flip is what that is called.

The STAB needs checking for the correct clearance and so does the registration bar. Sometimes a new TA deck is needed. It can be quite a hard one to resolve unfortunately so don't be disheartened if it takes awhile to get right. The heavier and longer the stock the worse it can be. XXL on 350gsm is my worse nightmare :)

--
    Mark

5. iGen4_Fiery

iGen4_Fiery Member

Thanks guys,

I had another look this morning and it is defiantly happening in the transfer from belt to paper so have put a call in now will let you know what the outcome is.