Man Roland Practica serie 162 00, 1980

Discussion in 'Man Roland Printing Presses' started by Dejan.srb, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Dejan.srb

Dejan.srb New Member

Greetings members,
    I have this machine for 6 years, and everything was excellent with that, until yesterday.
    I have problem with some electricity part( I gess) and in the next text I hope I can explain to you all:
    On the main swithc when I turn on machine, machine just turn on (only lights, and that is all) on main board command I only can start compressor, nothing else. On the rear part of machine also commands won't work. Except that two commands (main swithc and compressor) nothing else work.
    Checked every fused in the machine, machine has electricity power, but nothing else happen.
    Just again only main switch and button for compressor work, nothing else.
    I am really sorry, if I not explain very well, if you want to ask me something else I will be willing to answer on that.
    Thank you very much for all people who want to help me!!!!
    Best regards!!!!

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir;
    1)Please review all fuses test with Digital Multimete(DMM) For open

2) or Reset the Circuit Breaker in the power supply, and try again.

2A) Test the main switch, if some contacts or wires are looses, or worn, dirty or faulty and Fix it!!!

3) If the machine give the same problem, after do the 2 steps before, please review the Bridge rectifers, in the secondary winding Main transformer each output is there are Voltages.

3. Dejan.srb

Dejan.srb New Member

Hello CHOCK, thank you very much for fast respond on my problem.
    To continue with text:
    I checked every fuses on the machines, and everyone is ok and working with any problem.
    I'm really sorry, I dont know where I can find that resset for power supply. ( it would be nice if you be willing to navigate me or better show me on picture where I can find that)
    That part is also checked like for fuses, every wire is in good condition, no dust or dirty on them.
    CHOCK I will show you in continues text what I did also with pictures, because my tehnical english is not very good and a lot of proficiency words I don't know.
    Pciture 1.png
    On this picture in green squares you can see this devices, on which we meassures Voltage.
    Voltage on input is 40V one direction electricity. When we press the button (on the photo, you can see with green arrows) Voltage go down on O-V (zero Votlage).
    In the next pictures you can see what I talked about:
    When we only meassure
    2.png
    When we meassure and press buttons:
    3.png
    ------------------
    Next problem what we found, resistor on the photo is marked with green arrows, is heating too much when we turn on machine. Temperature which I meassured is approxiametlly about 86 C. Is that ok to this teamputure going too high on that number?
    Also on that picture you can see LED light turned on ONLY RED AND YELLOW, green is not working?? Is that also some mistake on matherboard???
    4.png
    ---------
    On the next photo I found below the matherboard some device it looks like Bridge, is that a Bridge what you talked abot in upper post?
    Also, when I meassure votlage is same 40V
    5.png
    -------------------
    Also one more photo to you can check or navigate me where I can find the problem>
    Group photo
    7.png

Little warning: some times I notice that machine get really slow down her speed of printing, on maybe second-two, litterally speed similar like almost get turn off, and after that machine again return normal speed of printing.(I hope you can understand me what I want to say)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir
    1) i saw that you do NOT have circuit breaker, attached what is circuit breaker for to Reset, NOT reset power supply, you did misunderstand that.
    was talking about to Reset the circuit breaker, like the sample attached, you do not have. only fuses

2) every Fuse with color white LIKE i30....+ ETC , must be tested very well......!!! one open Fuse, can be give Faulty signal for the power supply, and by the complete machine.

3) The electronic board , i see 4 fuses, 2 white +2 fuses transparen must be tested very well , that can be open and produce hot in the Big resistor, and produce faulty,or some electronic components can be faulty since, the LED are in Red, and Yellow, and NOT Green. Look for dry +colder joint solder in the electronic board, Too, very Important........................!!!

4) the contactor 4c2 , can be contact worn, or defective, since you can measure Voltage 40Vca in the input , BUT not output, open , and clean or replace it

Finally the input of Voltage in the primary of Transformer , must be according with the schematic diagrams machine, and the secondary winding transformer according too.

Attached Files:

5. Dejan.srb

Dejan.srb New Member

Hello CHOCK,
    When we talk about fuses I tested every fuse in the machine, like in 2) and 3)
    But there is some other problem with electronic board, that is definitely, because only RED & YELLOW light on. That board need to be inspected better, but I really don't know how, except to check dry +colder joint solder
    For 4) part
    on the contactor 4c2 and 4c1 when I measure Voltage on input I got 40Vca, but when I press the button I got O-Vca also on input. On picture in last photo I just take pictures of output part when I measured. Because if something work normal,when that button you press, Voltage shouldn't go down on zero...

6. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir;

Finally i did check this issue, very carefully with my schematic diagrams,if my schematic is o.k , you must test the following Steps;

1) Reset the circuit breaker OE1+OE2, both must be closed, otherwise , both or one of them , are Open and DO NOT feed the Main transformer for 220Vca.

2) When 22oVca are in the primary of Main Tranformer, the secondary winding of transformer, must be work very well, and the fuses if are O.K, as you say, the machine will work in Normal conditions.

3) The main contactor 4C1+4C2 , MUST BE 220Vca in the coil , when you press the Start button, for the press Run. Otherwise you must test the circuit breaker OE1 +OE2 for input 220Vca to the main transformer, +the secondary fuses oe3+Oe13, the feed the coil of main contactor 4C1+4C2, NOT 40Vca. Sorry. o.k?

4) The electronic board, possible, there must be o.k, since you have problem with the Input of the machine, the Leds NOT go to Green, since this electronic board(Thyristor) Will NOT trigger is the Voltages are missing!

7. bLuuR

bLuuR Member

I don't know if 40V is ok, probably is some fuse blown should look in electric wiring diagram and trace the source.

8. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Please proceed as I did indicate you the Steps Before, according with the schematic electrical diagram, for His Machine.

Blessing