Man miller tp 104-5 help please!!! Doesnt stop completely

Discussion in '4-Color Offset Presses +' started by maximiliano, Sep 28, 2018.

1. maximiliano

maximiliano New Member

Hi

I am having a problem. I bought a man miller tp 104-5 used. I am installing the machine in the factory and when i start the machine i press the bottom of stop and the machine doesnt stop completly, the machine still runing at minimum speed. If someone can help me i will be very thankful.

Thanks

2. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

does it eventually stop? If it eventually does come to a stop I would be looking at the brake. If it just continues to run at idle speed then it sounds like your stop button needs to be fixed or replaced. Could be as simple as a loose contact in the switch.

3. MW Mark

MW Mark New Member

Also if it has an AC or DC drive that controls the main motor, the emergency stop parameter may need to be reset, or input a value.

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Dear Sir:
    I can speak spanish if you want, and send me email
    1) Please see if the brake, is electro -mechanical . if is: look for the voltage at the brake of the motor,see if the value Voltage is o.k
    or look for loose wires, and diryt in the mechanical brake and clean. Of course the winding internal Can be Overheating for working cycle very High dutty. Maybe is necessary to take out and take to repair shop or buy a new one, ( if this is the case)
    2) See if the stop button is faulty, look for loose wires, or worn contacts, repair or replace.
    3) Test the main contactor for the main motor, if the electro-iman is worn, dirty, and need clean it. or loose wires, or the worn contacts and need clean it o replace the main contactor.
    4) Measure the right voltage in the terminals of main motor, i do not kno if Argentina use 380 or 22oVCA, the tolerance will be in 10% up or down.

5. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Look for the
    1) Stop Button, clean it and test it the contact if there worn, or broken, or dirty. Use special isopropypic alcohol 100% or special clean contacts solvent, or course Tight very well the wires, and see if there Open or loose, or corroded.
    2) If everything is o.k with the STOP, see if the main contactor, controlling the Main Motor, the Magnet of the contactor, is Clean ?
    Most of times, they worn, corroded, and glue, and dirty, you must open and clean it. Or the see if the coil of the main contactor is Overheated, and time of replace, Of course looke for the contact of main contactor, they ok, maybe are worn, or dirty or corroded, clean it of time of replace the complete contacts or Whole contactor.
    3) If after you did the 2 steps before the problem continues : Use the schematic Diagrams and DMM
    a) look for the electro- Mechanical Mech
    look for the voltage at the brake of the motor,see if the value Voltage is o.k
    b)or look for loose wires, and diryt in the mechanical brake and clean. Of course the winding internal Can be Overheating for working cycle very High dutty. Maybe is necessary to take out and take to repair shop or buy a new one, ( if this is the case).