Main Pile at Upper Stop

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Hanania, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Rosko

Rosko Member

Hello Mr. CHOCK
    I understand very well what you are telling me. I also know very well that a permanent magnet motor is not good at all to overheat! This is not good for the magnet and the varnish of the windings! For our motor - I have never seen or touched it warmer than the ambient temperature. I do not believe that it has heated more than 40 ⁰C. There is also a temperature sensor inside, next to the encoder, to monitor the temperature. And it never wrote a message on the operator's panel about the motor overheating. In my opinion, if there is a problem with the insulation of the windings, the motor will never start after a restart! And whenever an error occurs and the machine forbids starting the motor, it only starts after a restart! Absolutely always starts, but after a restart! This means turning off the machine (turning off for about 2 minutes), waiting another 2 ÷ 3 minutes, turning on the machine (charging for about 3 ÷ 4 minutes) and then the motor starts in any direction without any problems (up or down).

I do not deny your experience and knowledge, respect for that!

In your opinion, could this be related to the insulation of the motor windings! ???
    If there really is a problem with the insulation, I think the motor will not start again, even after a restart!?
    However, we have ordered a new motor. I can't wait to change it and see the result! I told my boss about you, I gave him your coordinates. If necessary, we can look for you, for spare parts, for our machines - Heidelberg.
    When I change the motor, I will write what the result is.

Thank you!

Regards!

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

yes in my opinion, this can be related to the insulation to due the insulation winding.

Remember the insulation only appear in the surface, but all the winding in lack in the entire winding, by that reason you can Restart, and the motor work again.

ok, if you need parts, i can do it.

3. Rosko

Rosko Member

Hello Mr. CHOCK,

I replaced the motor plus gearbox on the feeder with new, 10 days ago. For now, we have no problem with the main pile of the feeder.
    The problem was in the motor, somewhere .
    Thank you for your time!!!

Regards!

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

ok, am Happy, that you were finally sure, from my instruction.

5. Mechanica Speedmaster

Mechanica Speedmaster Member

Haha, just changed this motor two weeks ago. In my case the main pile was moving very quick for some 5-10cm after pressing pile up or pile down buttom and than it went into error. I tried to change the encoder first (the bearing of encoder was gone) but couldnt find it nowhere, so we changed new motor with gear box cpl.

6. Rosko

Rosko Member

In my opinion, the problem with us is probably the encoder, but I never changed it!?!
    What is the encoder bearing?
    I don't believe it can't be found! I always use SKF. I decided one day to remove the encoder from the shaft of the (damaged) motor, but to stay connected to the control. To turn on the machine, try to activate the main pile feed of the feeder and see what the mistake will be. If it is the same, in my opinion it means that the encoder is damaged!?!

7. ashok kumar

ashok kumar Senior Member

IMG-20190730-WA0020.jpg IMG-20200807-WA0042.jpg IMG-20200807-WA0043.jpg Hi
    All most of time problem isbin break but some time it have problem with encoder.
    Pile motor have 3 different encoders (
    All 3 are oem encoders) and not available in open market I tried but no ise use.
    1) baumer z341 -- 1024 p4
    ) 2) baumawr z341 1024
    3) tamagama 256p6

Only option is is changed the complete motor.
    If anyone have any source for above encoder pls let me know.
    I have 5motor in stock which have faulty encoders