Magenta Slowly Washing Out

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by Kiran04, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Kiran04

Kiran04 Senior Member

Run starts out with all colors fine, then as it progresses the magenta slowly lightens up to the point where it disappears. I don't know how to stop it. The cover is supposed to be pink, but after about 200 copies it's pure white. What is going on?

2. Kiran04

Kiran04 Senior Member

DC0951 throws errors XPE-09-3167 and XPE-09-3168. Checked both etacs and they were dirty. Any idea what's causing them to get caked with toner and how to fix it?

3. Stitch

Stitch Member

Have you tried other colors as well?
    How are these doing during a color test.
    The slow fading sounds like a faulty ETAC but that would show on all colors.

second:
    Was ETAC shield properly placed?
    I like to use the anti-static fluid after i wiped the shield clean.

4. cisco605

cisco605 Member

you could try to increase your toner concentration on magenta.
    may need to redo developer in magenta.
    like stitch said which 9 times out of 10 the problem just replace your center etac. I have had them fail a number of times nothing worse than running along and mag lightens up :(

5. peels

peels tree killer :)

ended up with a new developer unit for a similar problem. trying to print red, gradually getting orange.

6. richman

richman Senior Member

Had the opposite happen before. Was adding Magenta instead of removing it. Technician fixed it, he did a bunch of things. Center ETAC, TC calibration, Developer change. Maybe other things too, I think he played with hot gas bypass settings too. Idk what fixed it, but it has not returned since.