Machine comparison question

Discussion in 'Other Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by chubert, Jul 31, 2008.

1. chubert

chubert New Member

Greetings all,

My organization is looking at a couple of machines (Ricoh Aficio MP C6000/7500 and the Toshiba e-studio 4500c/5500c). Could I get some opinions from anyone that has used any of these machines? As my history has been more with the Xerox machines, I am not quite sure of the real life quality (machine wise and image wise) of these two machines. Thanks for any advice you can give.:D

2. cpf32sys

cpf32sys Member

Have you tried Ricoh Aficio C811dn printer, I fill that can get a quality print, any other opinion will also be welcome

3. Simon R.

Simon R. Previous User

I've always preferred Ricoh as a brand

4. Betzaida

Betzaida New Member

I own a Ricoh C811DN and looking to Replace!

I have had a Ricoh C811DN now for almost 2 1/2 years, leased for 3. I can say that I am changing the machine but not because the machine has not done well for me. The only drawback for me has been that it has a REAL hard time printing on glossy paper, that it jams on me every now then when I print a lot of duplex documents (I print technical manuals with it). It only goes to 80 cover for the bypass, which has to be hand feed for duplex for the heavier stock. Any higher and it will get a paper jam. It does fine for photo finish quality and graphics. I am on an iMac and work with the Adobe Creative Suite software.

But, the servicing for the consumables has been horrible as well as the service at times. I had a transfer belt on back order for more than a month and a half. And, a line would imprint on my prints till I finally got it replaced with a new transfer belt. My sales rep. did NOTHING to help me out, did not offer to take a part from his machine that was on the floor even though I suggested it repeatedly to him. So, now I am forced to keep all replacement parts myself because the service guys never have them on hand and I have to wait two weeks or more for my part. I totally shocked my service guy when I told him that the Fusing Unit we needed for my machine was under my desk! He should of had that part out in his truck!

I have looked into buying a Xerox Docucolor 252. Xerox carries all consumable parts locally in a warehouse they have. The tech support for Ricoh has been ok, but they mostly do not respond till the next day instead of the 2-3 hours I was told when I signed the lease. In closing, the machine does good for a business environment but not that great for in-house printing.