M-M Bizub C6500 problems printing black-only long runs

Discussion in 'Other Digital Presses' started by irwin02189, Jan 16, 2014.

1. irwin02189

irwin02189 New Member

We've been told by various techs that we must limit size of runs printing black only, must alternate black-only jobs with color jobs to avoid machine problems. Does anyone have authoritative word on this?

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hi, I am a printshop owner and a printer/copier service engineer. I would agree to that 100%. A toner serves as lubricant to the points where drum cleaning blades engage the drum's, so if you run K only, there is nothing comes to CMY which will cause heat, premature CMY Drums and Drum Cleaning Blades wear. On the top of everything - think about it - you still run the whole machine, Drums, Developers, ITB belts, transfer belt, fuser for a Bull$hit B/W jobs, when time comes to expect nice color print - you had, in part, wasted the life of key components to run B/W junk. It is not only bad for your machine it is illogical in so many ways. Get a B/W unit to run a B/W jobs - they dirt cheap these days. We bought a KM Bizhub Pro 1050 for less than $8K for a machine with 2 mil on the meter, runs 105 cpm as a champ, we have book orders that machine prints 2-3 days nonstop! Canon ImageRunners a fresh ones 2-3 year olds cost $4-5K, I am talking about machines in beautiful shape under 0.5 mil on the meter... 50-60 cpm. It will cost you to run those under 1 cent per page and keep your color machine doing what it was created to - Print color.