Low Volume 8.5 x 11 Glossy printer/press

Discussion in 'Print Community General Printing Discussion' started by Matthew Hugo, May 15, 2017.

1. Matthew Hugo

Matthew Hugo New Member

Hello, I am currently trying to print low volume (1000 sheets a month) chocolate bar labels. They have a full bleed of color and need to be on glossy paper around 28#.

Are there any printers or presses that you all would recommend to a newbie.

I have tried cheap laser printers but they can't handle the full bleed of color at the consistency and quality required (banding and blotching issues). I have also tried ink jets but they can't handle printing on glossy paper without the issues of smearing or streaking and buying photo paper by the 1000s does not make sense value wise.

Sorry if I am such a newbie that this request doesn't make sense. I have done a LOT of research and experiments and I just can't seem to get something that works. I am hoping that this community has the real knowledge to help.

Thanks in advance!

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Did you find a solution that worked for you?

Cheap laser printers have been a frustration for me with quality issues, feed issues, etc. A laser printer in the $5500-6500 range could probably deliver 1000 sheets a month for a year without too many quality issues. How are the labels applied to the product?