losing the ability to run 8.5 x11 text

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by Swifty2, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Swifty2

Swifty2 Senior Member

:mad::mad::mad::p:p:p
    letter size text keeps jamming...the older the machine gets, the worse 8.5x11 TEXT runs...It has gotten to the point where I do not even attempt it.. letter size card stock runs fine....any thoughts?

2. peels

peels tree killer :)

oh dear. This is a common problem for me on all printers. years and years of 14x17, then one little bitty letter size, and the printers (which are designed for that size) just cant hack it.

wheres the jam? does it make it through registration? Or, do you share my problem where it goes crazy in the stacker? And it Looks like Stevie Wonder stacked them...

I just went through my igen and cleaned EVERY roller AND sensor I could reach. Use alcohol on the rollers.

check fuser picker fingers(skives, in Kodak-ese)
    open up those doors and watch it run, maybe spot a bending corner, or paper skewing.
    Also, ever try to run 8.5x11 SHORT EDGE FEED? might work in a pinch.

another bad spot is the fuser exit. certain sizes curl down post-fusing, and catch on the little louvered "ramps"

3. Swifty2

Swifty2 Senior Member

yup ,have cleaned and checked all the problem spots...If by chance it takes it out of the tray it will jam mostly right before the fuser....the Stevie wonder stacking.. I chalk up to moisture and paper curl

4. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

Check that the Prefuser Transport 2 vacuum fan has not been disconnected and is running. It's sometimes done as a work around to trail edge flip/banding

--
    Mark

5. Swifty2

Swifty2 Senior Member

good call Mark thank you

6. peels

peels tree killer :)

what?

you can do that? sorry to hijack thread...but could that be used to effectively "suck less"? pardon the language lol. my 70# gloss text problem is due to "sucking too much" coming out of the transfer area.

7. Swifty2

Swifty2 Senior Member

fan was not disconnected..it was D.O.A