Looking For Press-Person in St. Augustine, Florida

Discussion in 'Print Jobs' started by st johns, May 25, 2014.

1. st johns

st johns Member

St. Johns Printing in historic St. Augustine, Florida has an opening and taking applications for an experienced pressman that has worked on a ABDick, plate making done cutting, folding, padding and worked in a shop atmosphere. Working with a digital high speed copier is a plus.

Laid back atmosphere and quite a bit of work is sub-contracted.

Management skills would be helpful. A self starter. Someone that can order materials, work with customers, and knows about some current technology that we can possibly add on to what we are doing.

This can be a full time job for the right candidate; but part time is possible.

Monday thru Friday with no weekends. Vacation time, sick days, and holidays are part of the package.

We are a retail company that requires working with customers daily. We are an office solution company in the heart of St. Augustine. We have been in business for 35 years. There is some delivery with our vehicle as well.

For an interview or resume submission: kdreier@stjohnsprinting.com

Keith Dreier

904-824-1496/ 813-495-0454

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Platemaking, Printing, Cutting, Folding, Pad Making, Operate Digital Equipment, Delivery, all in one person? I am nowhere near being lazy, I am all of that plus a good copier/printer tech, have done the whole list but for two of my own companies. I am just smiling reading the list of qualifications which are, most likely, will be transfererred in to duties and do not see where and how "laid back" will be applied to this person. What do other people do? (If any) , ok - designer, since it is not on the list... If you don't mind, I am perfectly capable doing all that and more - some offset press maintenance/repair, adobe pro, photoshop, illustrator skills, no design talent but I can work'em. Some time ago, I was dreaming/planning to sell my 50% of printshop+copier dealership and move to Florida, what is projected pay for, lets say, perfect candidate?
    Thank you.

3. st johns

st johns Member

Interesting. Perhaps a phone call.