looking for color laser printer mostly to print pencil drawings

Discussion in 'Other Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by saul11, Jul 9, 2008.

1. saul11

saul11 New Member

I'm looking to buy a color laser printer mostly to print pencil drawing, but I'm unsure what to get. For the quality I'm happy with my inkjet, but I want to get a laser printer to have no -or less- color degradation. I'm looking for a machine below $1000; The images I'd like to print are http://www.rouwvormgeving.nl/images/boelgevoel.jpg and http://www.rouwvormgeving.nl/images/eenJaarEenDag.jpg, but also other graphical material.
    The best reviews I have found are the ones from macworld.com and I have sorted them from good to not good, see the list below. Is there anyone who has experience with any of these printers or maybe who has another recommendation?
    (I'm not interested in additional features like scanning and fax)

The ratings (Scale = Superior, Very Good, Good, Fair, Poor) behind every printer's link are the print qualities respectively for 'Fine lines and gradients', '22MB Photoshop image quality' and 'Text quality'. With the '22MB Photoshop image quality' being the most important ffor me I guess...

good

unsure

not good
    • Lexmark X500n multifunction printer > Very Good, Good, Very Good > Speedy; inexpensive; produces very good text and color-document prints; creates high-quality scans; reds are too strong in color prints; some details don’t carry over when making copies; scanner is slow.
    • Xerox Phaser 6180/DN color laser printer > Good, Good, Superior > Some colors are dull; shadow detail in photos is lacking; slow when printing photos.
    • HP Color LaserJet 3600n > Very Good, Flawed, Excellent > Excellent text and fine line printing; Output was a little light, especially when printing photographic images.
    • HP LaserJet 2600n > Good, Good, Very Good > Great price; increased paper capacity; good quality text and graphics printing; photo prints looked undersaturated; grayscale prints had a green cast.
    • HP Color LaserJet CM1017 MFP multifunction printer > good, good, very good
    • Xerox Phaser 6130 > Good, Fair, Very Good > Slow; color prints look faint and lack detail.

There's a specific printer, that's not in this list, the OKI C5650N, which I can get for a good price, but I can't find any review for it. Is there anyone who has experience with it?

Thanks

2. TRISHALICIOUS

TRISHALICIOUS Member

DUDE...regarding oki... I'll send you a pm

Go with the Ricoh... color true, baby...

Lemme know if you are in the NY area...even if you aren't I deal worldwide...
    OH GAWD... THAT SOUNDS SO POWERFUL!!!

3. saul11

saul11 New Member

Hi thanks for the advice.
    Nope, not in the NY area, I'm from The Netherlands...