Looking for a printer that supports printing on Scotchcal 3690 vinyl

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by susancita25, Mar 8, 2011.

1. susancita25

susancita25 New Member

I need to print on scotchcal 3690 vinyl, it is supposed that this material is for solvent or UV screen printing, but I have a example of the material that has been printed with something similar to an inkjet or bubble jet because you can see the dots. Can anyone help me?? I need to identify a printer that supports this material.

2. NINJAPRINTA

NINJAPRINTA New Member

Hi Susan,
    If you can, try and source a Roland LEC-330 VersaUV printer - http://www.rolanddga.com/products/printcut/lec300/ - these wide-format machines can print onto any material. I've got one in my shop but I'm in the UK and Lima is a wee bit far away for delivery. If you cant get one of these try any of the Roland solvent printers such as the excellent XC-540. Let me know how you get on.

3. susancita25

susancita25 New Member

Thank you for your reply Ninjaprinta, but I think I didn't make myself clear. I am starting a printing business, and I am looking for a cheaper solution. What I am going to do is labels, so I need a smaller printer that use solvent inks, and that print on vinyl. I also need a plotter/cutter for the labels, and as I said, something to start. Thanks!!