Looking for a Low Cost But Good Quality Digital Printer / Press

Discussion in 'Other Digital Presses' started by SpinX, Aug 26, 2013.

1. SpinX

SpinX Member

Hey Guys
    Really need your advise
    I presently have a "small small" Print Shop which I print about 2000 Full Colour Each week using a AB Dick 9810 ( Old I know ) .. My Operator retired and since I do not know to run an OffSet Single Colour Press :( I'm thinking moving to Digital so I can get work down.. as you see the Quantity is not allot
    I'm looking for a Digital Priting Solution with the following
    * Not Complicated to Operate / Technician Level User Friendly
    * Can print 8.5 x 11 & 11x17
    * Can print on Cardboard Stock ( Business Card Stock )

Between = $4000-$12,000 US?

Suppies easy to get

Thanks in advnace for you advice Guys :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Mr. Spinx hi, I think I have a solution for you. We have OKI C9800 GA. It is 1200 dpi, EFI Fiery driven, 270 gsm printer. We have a printing shop besides being a equipment sales/service providor and run #100 cover gloss on one of these every day.
    The quantity you mentioned it can handle easy, x5 of that also would not be a problem.
    Price is $2000 for the printer with as little as 10,000 prints on it, it will come with all supplies 50%+ i.e. Fuser, Image Belt, Drums and Full toner set including crating for overseas shipping.
    I am not sure how much would be the shipping but if you can find someone who consolidates cargo from USA East coast to your country - it should serve your printing needs well and fit the budget.

3. SpinX

SpinX Member

I was reading some of your post and I see your in Brooklyn.. I'm shipping out of Brooklyn also.. Would you have a few minutes to spear let me give you a call.. Can you PM me your contact info?

4. prmaceno

prmaceno New Member

I am also interested in a similar solution for Haiti.

5. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Mr. SpinX, did you get my PM?

6. ksergentakis

ksergentakis Member

I would stay away from small digital machines. I suggest a used Konica C6501 much better and used pretty cheap.
    www.digitalprintnyc.com

7. Localbusinessprinting

Localbusinessprinting New Member

Hi all, I'm currently using a HP indigo 1,000 which I find brings amazing results for short to medium print runs and it only needs a small amount of initial investment. Off the top of my head I paid just under £13,000 and not had any problems so far. The essentials are fairly low cost and are really easy to get hold of if needed.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards
    Philip Nanson - Business owner
    Local Business Printing
    Www.localbusinessprinting.com

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  8. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

As far as konica minolta bizhub c6501, yes I agree, these machines are much better than any laser printer but, we are going in differet game with that. Yes, used ones are not that expensive if you are shopping with your eyes closed and go blindly by the price only, keep in mind that this is a $35-40k device and any part it will need will cost accordingly... so should a person go for it, please make sure it is a nice low print count machine.

9. ksergentakis

ksergentakis Member

The parts are very reasonable and you can find 3rd parties for service. To print 14 pt card stock on the smaller boxes is a nightmare. You can get a basic box for 10 grand or less from a dealer.

www.digitalprintnyc.com