Long shot: Does anyone recognize anything in this picture?

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by frankiejr, Jan 23, 2017.

1. frankiejr

frankiejr New Member

Hey everyone,

I found a really cool, large framed photo of either a print shop or a press manufacturing factory. It's killing me that I don't know anything about it. The only thing I can figure out is that it's probably in Germany because of some signage that reads ACHTUNG and QUALITAT.

Does anyone recognize anything here? Clicking on the picture will bring you to a larger version. Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

2. contractor

contractor Member

It's the Heidelberg Press factory located at Wiesloch Germany. I've been there a couple of times. Looks like they are assembling the MO series probably in the 1980's. That press went out of production in the early 1990's

3. frankiejr

frankiejr New Member

Wow, thanks contractor! I couldn't find anything close to this picture online and it was really bugging me. Thanks!!!

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Yes was Wiesloch Germany,some of factory of Heidelberg Druckmaschinen A
    The best Quality Machines of the World ,ACHTUNG ! , had been there many times.
    Regards to my colleagues receiving training in Heidelberg City+Hofheim(Polar Mohr)

5. frankiejr

frankiejr New Member

Thanks CHOCK!

In case anyone was curious why I'm so interested in the print, here's the quick story. I helped operate some one-color offset presses for a year and a half when I was in High School (late 80s). It was one of the more memorable things I did back then, so I get happily nostalgic when I find something that reminds me of it. I found this nicely framed print at the local thrift store for $7. It's 39" x 27" (~1m x ~69cm) and the print itself is mounted on foam core. My guess is that it was hanging in a print shop office and they donated it when they remodeled or closed.

Thanks everyone!

6. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Great Buddy