LoadLibraryEx / jppath error when viewing Properties on new Ricoh C5110

Discussion in 'Fiery RIPs' started by isaacgrover, Oct 23, 2015.

1. isaacgrover

isaacgrover New Member

Greetings from Wisconsin,

We have a print shop client with a new Ricoh C5110 E-42B with a Fiery FS100 Pro version 1.1 presenting a problem that the Ricoh/Fiery techs can't resolve. The problem is that when a staff member opens a document to be printed, then opens the print dialog to print to the new Ricoh C5110, then selects "Properties", the staff member receives a small box error message titled "jppath" with the message "LoadLibraryEx error" and the only option is to click "OK". Ideally, they should be able to print directly from the document, but right now they have to move the document into Command Workstation's "held queue" and print from there, introducing extra unnecessary steps.

The print driver is installed locally with administrator privileges on all the workstations (Windows 7 Pro 64-bit), and is titled "Pro C5100Series E42B PS US1.1", for which the link was provided by the Ricoh/Fiery techs. Per their instruction, two-way communication has been disabled. The Ricoh C5110, the Fiery server, and all the workstations are on the same LAN, with only a Netgear gigabit ethernet switch between all of them. The driver has been uninstalled, workstations rebooted, reinstalled under various accounts (admin and user), the Fiery has been completely updated with all available patches, and the Ricoh/Fiery techs are convinced there is a local factor at play here because they have never seen this issue on "all the Fiery servers they have installed".

With my extensive background in server and network administration at the hardware level and software level, and programming in multiple languages over the years, my gut screams that this is a programming issue. But the Ricoh/Fiery techs aren't programmers, nor would they have access to that level of information.

Has anyone else seen this issue, or have any suggestions on where to look or how to resolve?

Thank you in advance,
    Isaac Grover

2. jorgeseptien

jorgeseptien New Member

Issue with your fiery

Although I have a Canon, I believe that what was happening to you was happening to me as well. Although I tried to uninstall the old driver, and when I installed the latest EFI driver, it looked as it was installing a new driver, apparently there was some residual files left behind that were not being removed. I visited EFI's website and called their help desk. Although they told me that I should be xcalling Canon, they gave me a solution that seems to have fixed my issue with the "LoadLibraryEx error". I downloaded their latest Fiery Extended Application that can b found if you visit their main site (www.efi.com) and click on "support & downloads" above, click on the "Fiery Drivers and Utilities" link, fill out the registration and submit, and then click on "Application Software and Tools". Click on the "Fiery Extended Applications" link and then select the latest (typically the one on the bottom). Once you download it, extract and run it, install just the "Printer Delete Utility". Once installed, run it an delete your printer. This will delete your Fiery drivers. Install the latest driver and you should be good. I hope this works for you. Let me know if it worked.

3. isaacgrover

isaacgrover New Member

Thanks - we've scheduled this task for tomorrow morning before store hours. If you don't hear back from me, you can assume that the solution worked for our client as well.