Line of boxes of all 4 colors about every 100 prints

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Mario Lemus, Nov 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Mario Lemus

Mario Lemus New Member

I am having an issue where I get this pattern once about every 100 prints. It's in the same place every time. I'm not sure what is happening. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    docucolor marks.jpg

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

and your printer model is?

3. Mario Lemus

Mario Lemus New Member

Sorry, its a docucolor 252.

4. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

I am not superstrong on docucolor but looks like color adjustment strip to me, may be fiery prints it for you to check with densitometer? is there such function? is it ON?
    I know many printers draw these on image belt at initialize and read them with internal optic device to determine if everything is OK. I know KM and OKI do this but while initialize only.

5. Biggs

Biggs Senior Member

That looks like density patches. In other machines I'm more familiar with, the device with run control patches on the ITB - the machine's density sensor will read the patches, then if need be, do an adjustment.
    However, sometimes a timing issue will cause the patches to print at the wrong time, placing them on the paper, not the belt. Or, it could be the ITB cleaning station not being able to clean the patches off the belt.

It looks more like the cleaning station actually. The patches looks the station made an attempt to clean the belt, and failed. The print shows definite signs of drag or friction from contact either during or prior to transferring the toner to the paper. Since the image (artwork) looks clean, and the patches do not, it appears it's contacting something prior to the final transfer. IE the cleaning station, or cleaning blade. I would look there.

6. Mario Lemus

Mario Lemus New Member

Thanks for the replies. I think you might be right about the cleaning blade or something related to that. it does look like it is not being wiped of properly.

7. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Cleaning of a blade is, usually, non-solution. Once that blade stops cleaning, it is at the end of its service life. Cleaning blades are made out of silicone of some sort and subject to wear plus dry up from time so likely you're looking at replacement.