led dryers

Discussion in '4-Color Offset Presses +' started by jmt, Oct 11, 2014.

1. jmt

jmt Senior Member

anyone out there use these . my company is looking into replacing are ir dryers for led ones. Sales man say the are better than ir dryers . he say we can reduce are powder on runs very quick turn arounds and of course cheaper to run . just wondering if anyone out there has used these.

2. Ade

Ade Member

Hi Jmt

What are you trying to do?
    add a dryer to your press?
    or replace a dryer with something else?

Ade

3. jmt

jmt Senior Member

they ar looking at replacing the ir dryiers

4. Ade

Ade Member

I dont have any evidence of LED IR being any better than conventional IR the main selling point with LED is it has lower running costs, but that is wiped out when you come to change the LED units
    Also they have to be set nearer to the stock so can become a marking issue in the press,
    personally I would start at the basics make sure your fount is spot on roller settings are good and don't use low quailty consumeables, it is hard lesson to learn when you are watching the bottom line but it only comes back to bite you in the end,
    probably better saving your money and get a new press with a coater,
    If that is not possible then do some tests ask the sales rep to take you to some where that is already running the system and try your own jobs to compare with what you are already getting,
    there are some good points in the UV section on LED that might help.

Ade