leaky water fountain 3302 H system

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by freestyle printing, Feb 6, 2009.

1. freestyle printing

freestyle printing Member

we have a 3302 H, it has leaked water around the damping system since day one and nobody has ever been able to tell me where the water is coming from. the side squeegees are replaced all the time and still drips and washes out the image for 25 or so copies,then prints good then drips again...??? any help would be great.

2. 6colorpressman

6colorpressman Member

its probably condensation.....are you running cold water or chillers ?

3. freestyle printing

thanks for the reply yes water is chilled but the rel. humd. is below 23% and seems to leak the same from 50% to 20% It seem to be flooding over the edges of the squeegees, as if the water height is too high in the center of the meter/chrome area. All (metering, fuzzy, and forms have been replaced a number of times with the same results??????????????????? Thanks again for your input

4. freestyle printing

oh p.s. the water tray has neopreem as an insulator...on the bottom and sides.

5. Printer Mike

Printer Mike Member

I have had this problem on my 3302H, also. I think it may be related to the setting of the water wipers/squeeges on the edge of the chrome pan roller. Also, we have started removing the wipers during down time and keeping them soaked in fountain solution.

Oops...I said chrome pan roller. I believe it is a rubber metering roller....

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  6. realaqu

realaqu Member

double check the pressure. make sure the bid is correct

7. floris

floris Member

I used to print on this machine. Regularly had this problem and I think it has something to do with condensation but I was never able to solve it, good luck!
    P.s. maybe it's just a design problem?

8. whatnoziti

whatnoziti Member

I had this problem as well, but for me it was fixed with new rubber.

9. Printer Mike

Printer Mike Member

I concur. Problem was it took six years to solve the problem.A lot of frustration, wasted time and paper!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I now run uncoated card stock strips wedged between the water pan and the bar it rests on. I let the strips hang out just a little. Now I can see a water dripping problem before it gets bad.

10. discountprinter

discountprinter Member

If you are talking about Crestline dampners, I seen this problem before, especially on the early 90's old style 3302 Crestline units....the rubber pan roller was "slinging" water off the ends of the roller at high press speeds, would hit the blanket and washout print on the outside edges...inking up the Crestline rollers especially on the roller ends helped this alot...& also don't squeegee the pan roller too much with excessive metering roller pressure it has a bow effect on the rubber roller at the roller ends...we took some used laminating film and made an arch 3/4" wide and taped it to the water pan so when the water hit it rolled back down into the pan...worked quite well

11. Printer Mike

Printer Mike Member

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the factory continuous dampener. That thing was a nightmare before a new rubber compound straightened out the problem. My cousin had the Crestline with the problem you're talking about.

12. oldgen

oldgen Member

Roller settings are critical on the Ryobimatics (AKA problamatics). Follow the setting instructions in the book and be sure to set the machine to service mode with the switches down below. Also, set the gate valves on each water pan for minimum level of water to run. Ours were usually cracked open less than half. Water pans need to come out and lead edge and ends cleaned. They have a tendency to build up with ink residue and silt over time and wick water over the edge. Worst thing are replacement rollers. The factory original rollers are hard to get, especially the rough surfaced spreader roll above the meter roll. Most kits come with a roller that is far rougher than the original and water is harder to control. Had to order the right ones from Japan! Atough system to maintain but when set right they give great results.

13. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

Bought mine new and put crestlines in right off the bat so I have brand new factory rollers for the
    Original water system sitting in a box I could sell a few if you think you need new rollers